Lost Comm to ISY 994i 4.2.22

ISY Finder opens but doesn't find ISY.  I came home after months away and my wife tells me we had power outages and surges. I have been able to get in to the console by deleting java cache but received error messages like "opening in safe mode" and xml parse error (or something.)  I've swapped cables out and switched modem ports but no change (initially it didn't show in my network but after changing ports back and forth it now shows consistantly.) I'm thinking of factory reset but read it helps very little.

Jon

Safe mode indicates the ISY cannot communicate the PLM.  Resetting the ISY usually does not correct a PLM issue.  Unplug PLM and ISY.   After 30 seconds plug in PLM, wait 30 seconds and power ISY.  

Has that eliminated the Safe Mode symptom.

Safe mode indicates the ISY cannot communicate the PLM.  Resetting the ISY usually does not correct a PLM issue.  Unplug PLM and ISY.   After 30 seconds plug in PLM, wait 30 seconds and power ISY.  

Has that eliminated the Safe Mode symptom.

No.. and it won't accept an update.

I received the following error opening with the java application

ISY_Error.jpg

error after attempting upgrade

ISY_Error2.jpg

this error came just after having it open for a short period of time

ISY_Error3.jpg

Thanks,

Jon

I suggest opening a Ticket with UDI so all these symptoms can be analyzed by the experts.   If the PLM is not communicating with the ISY I don't understand the upgrade attempt.   

Thanks LeeG,

I've opened a ticket and will post the outcome..

Jon

Thanks LeeG,

I've opened a ticket and will post the outcome..

Jon

Apparently my trusty ol' 2412S died and has been replaced by the notorious 2413S.. I'm now back up and running but left with battery devices to re-link and unable to remotely connect to ISY through https

Jon

• 1 month later...

Archived