ISY Firmware Update Summary

matapan

Yes, in our notification email that was sent out.  Please subscribe to our notifications to ensure you get these! 

ISY994i Series Firmware Release Notification

UDLogoOutlined1da163.jpg
ISY994i Series  

Firmware v4.2.30 (Final) Is Now Available

After many minor releases we are pleased to announce our newest firmware has been released to production.

A list of some of the newest features:

• SSLv3 removed - TLS 1.1 now default!  - We've removed support for SSL v3 due to worldwide vulnerabilities exposed by POODLE. In addition we've made TLS 1.1 now standard on all ISY's to give you excellent security out of the box.
  • Support for many new INSTEON devices and enhanced support for INSTEON battery devices.
  • Literally hundreds of modifications to our AMI meter framework to give robust and accurate reading when using our ZigBee SEP Series.
  • Z-Wave Backup & Restore.
  • Enhanced Scenes capabilities allowing you to mix Z-Wave and Insteon Devices
  • Support for our relay controller for OpenADR and Demand Response

Head over to our forum for installation instructions.

IMPORTANT: Starting with 4.0.x releases, we had to stop further firmware releases for ISY99i Series.

a3f29202-cc9a-41b0-9010-810b90c5ed6b.jpg

What's on the 2015 firmware Roadmap?

Our 5.0 release is almost ready! It features our highly anticipated "Virtual Nodes" and enhanced variables support. Integrate IP gateways, IoT devices and much more with full programs and variables support. The team is putting the final touches on it, and our alpha / beta cycle will start very soon. Developers and hardware manufacturers interested in providing support please contact us for an early sneak peek at this amazing new feature set. This represents an entirely new way to look at device relationships and is almost an entirely new software stack!

For the less adventurous we'll also continue to release along our 4.x path.  This will provide some of the new features such as variable support in programs and network resources, faster security layers, and additional device support - but it retains the full certified software stack for OpenADR and hardware devices such as Z-Wave. This release path will provide long term support and low risk updates for deployed devices using these certified software stacks.

Twitter Support
Twitter Support
Twitter Updates
Twitter Updates
Our Forum
Our Forum
Submit a Ticket
Submit a Ticket
Wiki
Wiki

I think a list of the Insteon devices added to the list of ones supported would be useful.

Also, it would be most useful to provide a brief explanation of how the security enhancements are useful to the average user, with any instructions on how to use them, if they are not transparent to the user.

I understand many of these enhancements are improvements to assist the developer/integrator community. But where relevant, some of this information is useful to general ISY users too.

Mike,

For the less adventurous we'll also continue to release along our 4.x path.  This will provide some of the new features such as variable support in programs and network resources, faster security layers, and additional device support - but it retains the full certified software stack for OpenADR and hardware devices such as Z-Wave. This release path will provide long term support and low risk updates for deployed devices using these certified software stacks.

Does this mean that Version 5 will not support Z-Wave?

5.X will have more advanced ZWave support and be on the leading edge while 4.X will have fully tested and certified support is how I interpreted that.

-Xathros

Archived