Power outage - now flashing red Error LED

groovejumper

Had a power outage a few days ago, ever since my 99ir/pro does this: Power, TX, and RX are steady on, Mem is off, and Error flashes (one second on, one second off).

I've tried removing the cable between PLM and ISY, just unplugging the PLM with the cable in, and unplugging/replugging the PLM with the cable out, then putting the cable back in.

All same results, nothing's working...

What should I try next?

g.

Hi groovejumper,

Apologies for a tardy reply. It seems that the spike has corrupted the file system. I do hope that you have a backup of your last good configuration.

What I suggest:

1. Connect to your ISY using the provided serial cable and Hyperterminal (http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... tart_Guide)

2. Login and issue FS

3. If this does not take care of the blinking light, please let us know (support@universal-devices.com) and we'll send you a replacement unit immediately

If (3) works, then please do the following:

1. Go to http://www.universal-devices.com/99i

2. Use Help->Manually Upgrade My Lighting and reinstall 2.6.7

3. Restore your last backup

Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

With kind regards,

Michel

Had a power outage a few days ago, ever since my 99ir/pro does this: Power, TX, and RX are steady on, Mem is off, and Error flashes (one second on, one second off).

I've tried removing the cable between PLM and ISY, just unplugging the PLM with the cable in, and unplugging/replugging the PLM with the cable out, then putting the cable back in.

All same results, nothing's working...

What should I try next?

g.

Hi Michel,

10 hours <> tardy! I had a feeling I was going to need that cable, I will have to go digging though, as I have boxes and boxes of cables in the basement.

I do have a backup, from September 9th (2.6.7 release date), it's been a busy fall so I believe that I'll be able to re-do the programming I've done since then (not actually that much).

I'll post my results after I find the serial cable.

Thanks!

g.

hello groovejumper,

If you don't find the cable or if this is too much trouble, please do send an email to support@universal-devices.com and we'll ship you a replacement unit immediately.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

10 hours tardy! I had a feeling I was going to need that cable, I will have to go digging though, as I have boxes and boxes of cables in the basement.

I do have a backup, from September 9th (2.6.7 release date), it's been a busy fall so I believe that I'll be able to re-do the programming I've done since then (not actually that much).

I'll post my results after I find the serial cable.

Thanks!

g.

Archived