Experience with Switchlinc or Toggelinc in an attic?

paulbates

I have some 65 year old dampers that lead from the house and the attic that I'm replacing and automating. I need a 120volt relay switch for ~1 Amp actuator load.  I'm looking for feedback on a switchlinc or togglinc for that purpose.

I've had two inlinelincs relays in the same attic for 5 years that have worked well in that sub zero to 100+ F environment for another application. My only regret on the inlinelincs is that its tough to manually operate them on/off for testing and maintenance of the load.

Would a swtichlinc or toggelinc do the job as well as the inlinelinc in my attic do you think? They all have about the the same performance specs for this purpose, and I wonder how different they really are under the cover?

I would put in in a box with a closing switch cover to protect it from dust. It would be nice to have a switch to throw for maintenance, cleaning and testing.

I have some 65 year old dampers that lead from the house and the attic that I'm replacing and automating. I need a 120volt relay switch for ~1 Amp actuator load. I'm looking for feedback on a switchlinc or togglinc for that purpose.

I've had two inlinelincs relays in the same attic for 5 years that have worked well in that sub zero to 100+ F environment for another application. My only regret on the inlinelincs is that its tough to manually operate them on/off for testing and maintenance of the load.

Would a swtichlinc or toggelinc do the job as well as the inlinelinc in my attic do you think? They all have about the the same performance specs for this purpose, and I wonder how different they really are under the cover?

I would put in in a box with a closing switch cover to protect it from dust. It would be nice to have a switch to throw for maintenance, cleaning and testing.

If the choice came down to the toggle vs switch relay. I would opt for the switch relay since its dual band while the other is not.

The toggle switch hasn't been updated for years so wouldn't want to rely on old Insteon technology in such an extreme environment.

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

Archived