heart beat ?

jwarner964

Hi

I just bought a leak sensor and have in my ISY. I like to know how things operate and why, the leak sensor has the nodes, dry, wet and heart beat. looked around for info on what the different nodes were for could not find anything, read the manual on line and found the posts about the programing. dont want to just set it up with out knowing the reasoning behind it all. any place to do some reading ?

Thanks, Jeff

Hi

I just bought a leak sensor and have in my ISY. I like to know how things operate and why, the leak sensor has the nodes, dry, wet and heart beat. looked around for info on what the different nodes were for could not find anything, read the manual on line and found the posts about the programing. dont want to just set it up with out knowing the reasoning behind it all. any place to do some reading ?

Thanks, Jeff

Hello Jeff,

As you noted there are three nodes in the ISY Device Tree. If any of the nodes are activated it will show a ON / OFF. The obvious ones are Wet & Dry nodes.

The heartbeat node appears every 24 hours if the device is within RF range and of course if the battery is operational. Pressing the set button will initiate a heart beat to be sent out also.

Some things to keep in mind due to variation of firmware in the product. Older Leak Sensors (LS) upon getting wet would turn the wet node on and the dry node off. Once the area / sensor was dry the reverse would occur automatically by the sensor. This behavior has changed where if the sensor becomes wet.

The wet node will remain on until such time as you physically press the set button to send a signal indicating its in a dry state.

Hi Teken

Thanks for the info, now I have a little better understanding of how the device works. I saw the post about the leak sensors programs, they are complex, at least for someone at my skill level any sugesions on something alot more simple. I have moblinc and it does send me a alert if it gets wet. 

Thanks, Jeff

Hi Teken

Thanks for the info, now I have a little better understanding of how the device works. I saw the post about the leak sensors programs, they are complex, at least for someone at my skill level any sugesions on something alot more simple. I have moblinc and it does send me a alert if it gets wet. 

Thanks, Jeff

Hello Jeff,

The program you're speaking about does on the surface appear to be very complex. But, in reality its just a lot of entering information per the outlined thread from the original author. If there are elements that are unclear to you about any step please do ask them here or in the original thread.

There will be lots of great folks willing to jump in and help or clarify any aspect that may not be too easy to understand. Don't let all the mumbo jumbo of programming get you scared or stop from trying.

The benefit of the program as you're probably aware is being alerted each of the sensor states, heart beat, and the programs operating status.

The time and effort to implement Belias's program can not be over stated! 

The latest Leak Sensor with v.43 firmware (the version that once Wet continues Wet until Set button tapped) requires nothing more than a simple

Wet - [iD 008D][Parent 0001]

If
        Control 'Leak Sensor 2-Dry / Leak Sensor 2-Wet' is switched On
Then
        Send Notification to 'Name.3' content 'Custom with date'
Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The earlier firmware that would cycle back to Dry could be more challenging because Dry/Wet status could cycle.  Does not happen with the newest Leak Sensor firmware.

Also note that with the latest firmware the Heartbeat node does not get a message when tapping Set button.  The older firmware sends a Heartbeat approx 14 seconds after the Dry/Wet test message when Set button tapped.

Sorry, this part did not make the post.  The Heartbeat can also be simple.   I turn lights On but a Notify works just as well.  The Leak Sensor battery lasts 10 years so it is not something that needs changing like a Motion Sensor battery.   

HeartBeat - [iD 0044][Parent 0001]

If
        Control 'Leak Sensor-Dry / Leak Sensor-Heartbeat' is switched On
     Or Control 'Leak Sensor-Dry / Leak Sensor-Heartbeat' is switched Off
Then
        Wait  25 hours 
        Send X10 'A10/All Lights On (5)'
Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The second Program monitors the Heartbeat node.   The HeartBeat node sends a message every 24  hours which resets the Wait to a new 25 hour Wait.  As long as the Heartbeat sends the expected message the Program just monitors the Heartbeat node.  If the Wait times out the Program will perform the statement(s) after the Wait which should be something that alerts you to the missing HeartBeat. 

HI 

I'm playing with this leak sensor and trying to figure out how it works, is the wet node normally in the on status when dry ? when I set it in water the status does'nt change in the ISY but mobilinc does send me a alert, my simple program does not send me a text, the status does change if I push the button on the top of the sensor, but still does not send a text ?

Assuming this is a new Leak Sensor once Wet node turns On it will stay On until the Leak Sensor is Dry and the Set button on the Leak Sensor is tapped to reset the Leak Sensor back to Dry.

The older Leak Sensors would cycle back to Dry when they were no longer physically Wet.   The newest Leak Sensors require a tap on the Set button to come back to Dry.

I do not use MobiLinc so cannot say what alerts it sends.  

So this has really helped   I now have all 3 sensors texting me / emailing me if there is an issue

I disable each program after the text and re-enable them at 6am and 6pm so I only get one text / mail unless fixed.

BUT the issue

I would like a text once a day of the heartbeat to insure they are all alive

I don't have the option of "is switched on" or "if switched off"

please explain

..Barry

Sorry but I don't understand the problem.   "is switched On" and "is switched Off"   are part of every ISY.

Maybe your ISY Heartbeat Program is using "If Status" rather than "If Control"?  Do not use If Status because the Wait will timeout. 

So this has really helped I now have all 3 sensors texting me / emailing me if there is an issue

I would like a text once a day of the heartbeat to insure they are all alive

Ironically it sounds a lot like my kids

Sorry for brevity - posted using mobile Tapatalk

Archived