Insteon Brown Wall Plates

JayC

I can't seem to find where Insteon makes brown wall plates for their brown devices.  Is this truly the case and if so does anyone who uses the brown have any recommendations on another manufacturer for a brown wall plate that matches?  It's weird that all of the brown devices are pictured with a brown wall plate.

My thoughts for a wall plate are:  Lutron - CW-1-BR

Thanks,

JayC

Thanks for the reply, I am assuming you used those because Insteon truly doesn't offer brown wall plates?  Thought that looks good, I was hoping for something more minimalistic.

Here is the insteon page for colored plates. Smarthome offers all of these, the color of brown is fairly light.

I love the claro, its a great screwless wall plate, much sturdier and seals better than the leviton screwless. 

I get a white plate, and paint it the color I want. You might want to take a switch to the hw store and use the scanner to scan the brown color off of the paddle, get a quart of paint and see how well that matches.

Thanks for the reply, I am assuming you used those because Insteon truly doesn't offer brown wall plates? Thought that looks good, I was hoping for something more minimalistic.

No, use those because I like them. I don't use any SmartHome plates as I get a better quality at a cheaper price buying them locally.

Thanks for your suggestion Paul, any pics of how your plates turned out?

I'll try to remember to shoot some when I'm home this weekend.

To be clear, I use the white or ivory paddles and paint the covers to match the wall. I'm happy with how it matches. If I was going to try to match the paddle color, I would try what I suggested above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived