Query status of devices used in programs

kclark

There have been several threads about the ISY not showing the correct status of certain devices. The reasons seem to vary. From time to time I have had programs that didn't execute because the status of one of the devices in the IF part of the program, wasn't tracked. When I query the device, it always reports back correctly and the program runs.

What I would like is an option, either at the system level or the program level, to query those devices in the conditional part of a program whose status is being monitored. The queries could happen if the network has been quiet for X seconds/minutes or every X seconds/minutes regardless of other activity.

I am doing this now with a program that queries some of the devices on a regular basis. But it's a hassle to maintain and I think the ISY could do it more intelligently if it was a native process.

Ken

Ken,

Thanks so very much for the suggestion. I do tend to agree with you but I think it's going to be very difficult to accomplish this since we have made a clear distinction between conditions and actions. By supporting this requirement, this distinction/delineation has to be revisited and examined: a very big project.

The main question is: what is the cause of your devices not having the correct status?

With kind regards,

Michel

There have been several threads about the ISY not showing the correct status of certain devices. The reasons seem to vary. From time to time I have had programs that didn't execute because the status of one of the devices in the IF part of the program, wasn't tracked. When I query the device, it always reports back correctly and the program runs.

What I would like is an option, either at the system level or the program level, to query those devices in the conditional part of a program whose status is being monitored. The queries could happen if the network has been quiet for X seconds/minutes or every X seconds/minutes regardless of other activity.

I am doing this now with a program that queries some of the devices on a regular basis. But it's a hassle to maintain and I think the ISY could do it more intelligently if it was a native process.

Ken

Archived