LG fridge

Hi all

I have a program that turns on 3 kitchen lights when 1 switch is fast on and the same lights shut off with a fast off, I got a new LG. fridge now it doesn't work all the time . It worked great before the new fridge, anyone out there have that happen

Thanks, Jeff

Most refrigerators are not against the wall. The Insteon FilterLinc is only 1 1/2" deep. Most refrigerators have even more room at the bottom, so you can use a short extension cord (about 4') with a right angle plug if needed.

extension cord-->(bottom of refrigerator/filter)--->refrigerator plug

While I agree that the WAF is of prime consideration, so is dependable automation. So, I use bribery. Something that will provide her with more convenience.Dinner out works, too B)

No, 20A-kitchen app. Circuit

That's interesting to see and hear which isn't very common in newer homes. Keep us all in the loop as to how you get on and what solution you ultimately decide upon.

I also encountered issues with my LG fridge.   I have quantified it in the signal absorption listings on the site.

Here is what I was going to install:

http://www.elavenue.com/images/test_data/xpf%20Filter%20in%206%20x%206in%20%20box.jpg

I was going to have to modify the wall behind to accomodate it and it simply was not worth it.   When I first bought that large filter I identified a cold solder joint on the board.  I would not want a refridgerator running through a cold solder joint.

I ended up using a dual band device to 'bridge" the power line signal absorption with RF comms.

My wife has since also added a Romba charger on that same circuit so that was a good call in the end.

That's interesting to see and hear which isn't very common in newer homes. Keep us all in the loop as to how you get on and what solution you ultimately decide upon.

i

I have a phase coupler and I'm going to install separate circuits for my Plm and isy and move closer to my panel, per your recommendation , haven't had time lately. Had that planned before this happened. Now the Plm and isy are on the same circuit as my desk top , I'll see if that helps

i

I have a phase coupler and I'm going to install separate circuits for my Plm and isy and move closer to my panel, per your recommendation , haven't had time lately. Had that planned before this happened. Now the Plm and isy are on the same circuit as my desk top , I'll see if that helps

Your desktop PC must be filtered by a Smartlabs FilterLinc. Any electronic device can be a noise maker / signal sucker to the Insteon signal.

I would suggest you filter anything that is on the PLM circuit . . .

ELA; Has done some signal tests and posted them on his web site.

http://www.elavenue.com/insteon_test_data.html

Notice things like computer power supplies and UPS units are notorious for absorbing Insteon power line signals.

I have one of the APC UPS units in his tests. I doubt my PLM would be working with out a Filterlinc on the UPS with my PLM in the unfiltered pass through AC outlet on the front.

Archived