Any new products in the freeze monitoring category

arw01

Last result will be a Dallas 1-wire with a PI, but looking for a more turn key solution that has:

Ability to update my ISY on the freezer's current temp

visual display so I can SEE what the temp of the freezer is

Someone has to have found Nirvana for this?

PS Yes I googled and there is nothing new from the last few months, but with all the IOT coming out constantly, or maybe some used an arduo with a wifi shield and a one wire to do a rest update with a LCD display who knows..

Alan

• 4 weeks later...

I am having trouble with setting up a

Minotaur Engineering IVT2V2 Variable Temperature Sensor

I/O Linc - INSTEON 2450 Low Voltage / Contact Closure Interface ( 1 In / 1 Out )

with ISY. Trying to get it to set up an alert if temp reaches +35 or -20 cannot figure out how to set up the program to run it.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi

I think that the way the product works, you'll get one notification, when the temperature rises above the threshold you set with the dial. I don't know how to set this up with an iolinc for a range of temperatures.

After wiring the Minotaur to the iolinc per the instructions, you add the iolinc to your ISY. Use Link Management / New INSTEON Device.

Here are two sample programs. One tells you the temperature went above threshold. The other tells you the temperature is no longer above threshold. Lets say you name the iolinc 'Freeze Sensor'

High temperature program

If

'Freeze Sensor' is switched on

then

Send Notification to 'Default' content 'Freezer Alert! Temperature above threshold"

Temp no longer high program 

If 

'Freeze Sensor' is switched off

then

Send Notification to 'Default' content 'Freezer Temp is no longer high"

You have to use the Configuration tab and Emails/Notifications to set up the alert.

Paul

Archived