25% Off Insteon On/Off Module Today Only

ISYhbsh01

Does anyone know the behavior of the Insteon on/off module item #2635-222 after a power outage? Does it revert to its previous state or does it always stay off like the old ApplicanceLincs used to do? This information used to be in the product description for each applicable item on Smarthome's website. Now this piece of info is nowhere to be found.

Thanks.

I got the same email.

I didn't see any special discount code and I believe the link in the message. Got the sales page with the standard price.

Only two hardware revisions of the 2456S3 ApplianceLincs and 2856S Icon On Off adapters always started Off on power up. All the other revisions remembered their state at power loss. Only one of mine starts Off.

Hope someone has an exact answer. I vaguely  remember stares Off at power up.

Does anyone know the behavior of the Insteon on/off module item #2635-222 after a power outage? Does it revert to its previous state or does it always stay off like the old ApplicanceLincs used to do? This information used to be in the product description for each applicable item on Smarthome's website. Now this piece of info is nowhere to be found.

Thanks.

The new On-Off Module will return to its last known state upon power up or loss of power. It should be noted this behavior can change at any time as Smartlabs is known to screw around mid stream with out so much as a hint as to why.

This device also incorporates new features seen in the dual outlet linc: Ability to turn RF - Power Line on/off, Smarthops, Cleanup messages, Blink on error, etc.

I too received the e-mailer and notice the same regular price? I must have been poking around the site looking for a promo code for about 5 minutes until I said F this!

Its a great little unit and I can also confirm the stated 0.7 watts energy consumption is accurate. It beats out the older Appliance Linc by about 0.3 - 0.4 watts in energy. The unit does however lose the front pass through outlet and X-10 support.

It does however support 15 amps or up to 1800 watts of any load per the advert. The units relay *click* sound is about 50% quieter when compared to previous generation units which made a huge *thunk* noise!

Lastly, Smartlabs has continued to offer a huge LED brightness adjustment which will suit any persons environment and needs.

The On-Off Module is a clear winner and I highly recommend this fantastic unit to anyone who is considering it. One last point is that the advert indicates a 1000 volt surge protection but does not offer what this is based on?

It makes no mention of meeting UL / cUL 1449 3rd Edition surge tests etc.  

Its a decent price break but if they drop it down to $25.00 per unit I am in!

Yeah with aartech.ca 's prices in Canada it only slightly beats our broken dollar exchange right now. The shipping, again is what makes the barrier though. Maybe with a large quantity imported to Canuckistani it may work out. I don't need that many right now though.

Yeah with aartech.ca 's prices in Canada it only slightly beats our broken dollar exchange right now. The shipping, again is what makes the barrier though. Maybe with a large quantity imported to Canuckistani it may work out. I don't need that many right now though.

Yeah, and Smarthome is really sticking it to the Canadians at $32.XX regardless of weight. A few years ago it was pretty reasonable at $23.XX so how it can be $9.00 more is beyond me.

Than again I just sent back ten 1 wire sensors back to China.

Canada Post wanted $97.XX with tracking to ship the same item that came to me FREE??? Keep in mind this was in a padded bubble wrap and for the pleasure of $97.00 it was going on a freaking boat WTF??

Not, air, but by boat and had a lead time of 30-90 days???

Yeah, and Smarthome is really sticking it to the Canadians at $32.XX regardless of weight. A few years ago it was pretty reasonable at $23.XX so how it can be $9.00 more is beyond me.

Than again I just sent back ten 1 wire sensors back to China.

Canada Post wanted $97.XX with tracking to ship the same item that came to me FREE??? Keep in mind this was in a padded bubble wrap and for the pleasure of $97.00 it was going on a freaking boat WTF??

Not, air, but by boat and had a lead time of 30-90 days???

It costs extra to get a package up and down that huge mountain you are on where the sun never sets! :)

I see you and raise you a few!

I had 3 PS units from China that came with cords instead of wallwarts like the pictures and text descriptions. These were to run more RGBWW strips. Luckily the vendor came through, eventually, with "my mistake. I will ship you out three correct units for free and you can  keep the old ones".

Picking up another package at the Gone Postal Office, I asked about shipping back a guessed weight and size package to Chinae (plural? there were three units!) and got the junk (boat) price for about $40 and mile high club shipping for about $80. The three PS units cost me about $30 total and shipping was free to here.

That high return shipping to China is not a Canada thing.  Do a lot of christmas lights from there in RGB and you can never ship defective back, you just buy from a seller that does not require the returns.  It is obvious that the Chinese Government MASSIVELY subsidizes shipping to the USA to give them an advantage.  after all the empty containers have to get there somehow, and the UPS planes, DHL planes, all go back there, so why would there be a difference without subsidies?

That high return shipping to China is not a Canada thing. Do a lot of christmas lights from there in RGB and you can never ship defective back, you just buy from a seller that does not require the returns. It is obvious that the Chinese Government MASSIVELY subsidizes shipping to the USA to give them an advantage. after all the empty containers have to get there somehow, and the UPS planes, DHL planes, all go back there, so why would there be a difference without subsidies?

I absolutely agree shipping must be subsidized on a massive scale. Because I have received items in excess of 25lbs and shipping was free.

People could suggest the price I paid for the item included shipping.

Um, no.

Nobody can make profit on a $18.00 item and ship 25lbs clear across the ocean from China to Canada and make profit.

No one . . .

Don't get me wrong I love the free shipping or worst case *reasonable* shipping unlike Canada Post!

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

Archived