MobiLinc (iOS) 4.5/4.6/4.7: Apple Watch and Much More!

InsteonNut

Not sure if this is place to post this, but I'll give it a shot.

I just upgraded to Mobilinc 4.5 and I ran into a strange issue. I have Orchestrated Mobilinc 4.5 to be exact and I have it installed on two iPhones. Each iPhone also has an apple watch connected to it.

The issue I am seeing is that even after restoring the extended screens plugin, the second Apple Watch cannot use the watch app. It states that the extended screens plugin needs to be purchased. The plugin has a green check mark next to it in the app though. The Today view works perfectly too. The first iPhone/Apple Watch combo also works as advertised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi again, I restored to IOS 8.4 and everything is working correctly now.

I have a question though. Did I understand that we could now get push notifications without a Mobilinc Connect account, i.e. with a direct IP connection to the ISY? Or I just misinterpreted the release notes?

If so, can yo explain how to set these up, I have looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

Thank you.

fxl90,

The issue I am seeing is that even after restoring the extended screens plugin, the second Apple Watch cannot use the watch app. It states that the extended screens plugin needs to be purchased.

With the Apple Watch app installed on your watch, open MobiLinc and go to Plug-Ins. Tap "Restore". After a successful restore, open the MobiLinc Apple Watch app and confirm that it now sees the plug-in.

kaphely,

Did I understand that we could now get push notifications without a Mobilinc Connect account, i.e. with a direct IP connection to the ISY? Or I just misinterpreted the release notes?

Push notifications that are derived by monitoring the status of a device, program, or security state require MobiLinc Connect. 

Local notifications that are triggered by a location change (moving in or out of a geo-fence or iBeacon) work with direct IP and MobiLinc Connect.

brians,

Do you have any questions for me about how it works or what features it supports? I'd be happy to clarify the feature set if you had a specific concern about what the plug-in supports.

Paulk8,

How do I set the order of the items in the widget?

I would like to put more then 12 items in the today view 
On the iPhone 6 which does not seem possible.

The order is sorted A-Z first for the items that are always on the Today View, then sorted A-Z for the items that appear due to your location context.

The limit here is UI space and iOS determines how much space to provide to the widget. 12 is about the max you'll be able to add on the iPhone 6 screen.

Wes

fxl90,

With the Apple Watch app installed on your watch, open MobiLinc and go to Plug-Ins. Tap "Restore". After a successful restore, open the MobiLinc Apple Watch app and confirm that it now sees the plug-in.

That's the issue I have. Even after restoring the plugins, only the Today View works. The Apple Watch app continues to request that I purchase the plugin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fxl90,

Just to clarify, is the app already installed on the Apple Watch when you tap "Restore". This is a critical step.

If so, try the following:

- Open the Watch app and delete MobiLinc off the watch.

- Reboot the Watch.

- Once rebooted, use the Watch app and reinstall the MobiLinc app.

- Open the MobiLinc watch app, confirm that it does not see the plug-in.

- Let the Watch screen fade to off.

- Open the MobiLinc app on the iPhone and tap "Restore".

- Confirm the restore was successful, and Extended Screens shows purchased.

- Wake up the watch and look at the MobiLinc app.

- What you should see is the old screen showing the request to purchase the plug-in. After a couple of seconds, the screen should refresh to show that there are no items to display.

Wes

InsteonNut

I own both the pro and hd versions. I prefer using the pro on my iPad in zoom mode vs hd because I dislike the portrait mode and icons. If i purchase plugin in pro will the iPad be able to use the today feature or do I need to use hd version? If the plugin was only $5-10 I would probably just purchase it twice but not for $22.99 Canadian.

Hi Wes

I have been playing with the watch App for the last couple of days and I like it very much. I have a quick suggestion though. Would it be possible to add the thermostat interface to the watch as well? I think this is the only thing missing to the watch app for now.

Thank you,

Help please,

I'm having a problem with 3 iPads and an iphone 6. Since updating them all, the "my energy" pages do not refresh? I can see on the ISY that my devices are refreshing, and on the iPhone can see energy refreshing from the menu tab. If I switch to another view and back to "my energy" it's refreshed, but seems to just lock up there until I change the view and go back.. Any suggestions?

I would like to add a suggestion for Today View (and watch)... You can add Programs but only a predetermined function  (if, then, else, etc). Why not allow for a Toggle Then/Else. I have programs that control devices (some network) that can't be physical devices. Toggling the Then/Else will in effect be an on off switch (in my case)... 

I could write another program that when running the "if" can toggle a var to 1 or 0 and then have the other program key off that var - but my first choice would be to have a toggle option.

Your thoughts?

Wes

Excellent, thanks.

Everything else is working flawlessly on the iPads and phone.. I'm disappointed to see folks complain about paying $20 for a plug-in, I think for its function it's much less of a decision than buying an apple watch to begin with. It's made buying the watch for me worth while.

Thanks again, joe

Hi kevkmartin,

My strong suspicion is this is exactly related to the beta OS. Thanks for providing that info as we haven't fielded reports of this issue on the official iOS 8 release which leads me to question the beta. We haven't even updated our own internal devices yet due to the number of outstanding iOS 9 issues that prevent us from identifying possible issues in our code base.

Hi Joe,

Thank you! Glad to hear that the plug-in is working out great for you! Thanks for the positive feedback.

Wes

Help please,

I'm having a problem with 3 iPads and an iphone 6. Since updating them all, the "my energy" pages do not refresh? I can see on the ISY that my devices are refreshing, and on the iPhone can see energy refreshing from the menu tab. If I switch to another view and back to "my energy" it's refreshed, but seems to just lock up there until I change the view and go back.. Any suggestions?

Wes,

My MobiLinc is not sync'ing on startup. I have Auto Sync set but it seems to be stuck on HTTPS when it should be on HTTP. This is on an iPad that is WiFi only. I am on my home network. If I reboot the iPad all works well for maybe a day but then it gets stuck again.

Not sure if this was with the MobiLinc update or the iOS update (8.4.4?) as both happened around the same time. Looking forward to your quick release to see if that fixes this problem also.

BTW, iPhone seems to be working OK.

Hi Andy,

If the Connect Method of Auto is detecting HTTPS then that means MobiLinc isn't seeing your ISY's UPnP response. Do you have any Apple routers in your setup? If so, please make sure it's firmware it up to date and then reboot it. Once the Apple router is rebooted, reboot the iPad and then the ISY and try MobiLinc again.

Wes

REVIEW

I never write reviews for apps or the hundreds of online purchases I make annually, but had to make this the exception.

1 I did months and months of research over a year ago on which HA platform to pick.

2 Happily I chose the ISY and have tried every app available on iOS to date.

3 Mobilinc is by far the best choice. It offers limitless configuration options and flawless away from home monitoring. I have multiple Ipads and a few iPhones that make HA easy; stable, fast, reliable, and again pretty much limitless as far as configuration. As well both the ISY and Mobilinc offer the best support available, better I believe than even Apples high rated customer service.

4 While Mobilincs apps and plugins are more expensive than some competitors, it offers more than all others combined. With all the hype about Homekit (and I love Apple), Mobilinc with voice and other plugins offers everything I can see Apple promising and much more.

5 I'm not a tech professional, but an enthusiast that has produced a pretty geeky home with Mobilinc and the ISY. While you may be hesitant purchasing because of prices, I can't imagine anyone being disappointed after buying and playing around with all this app can do.

Thank you Mobilinc, ISY, and the forum community

Joe

Archived