Dual Band

Scottmichaelj

Hops Left=2 is much better than Hops Left=0 for the same event.

Thanks, thats what I thought. Never had a communication issue with that device though even with zero hops left. I have seen multiple other spots where hops left were 1 now to go 2. So I am seeing an improvement. Not sure if it will matter in real life use.

Thanks, thats what I thought. Never had a communication issue with that device though even with zero hops left. I have seen multiple other spots where hops left were 1 now to go 2. So I am seeing an improvement. Not sure if it will matter in real life use.

In real life use it makes the Insteon network more forgiving if there are noise related issues.

As you saw if you have lots of pre i2CS devices in the home you will notice a vast improvement in reading and writing speeds from the ISY Series Controller.

Glad the deployment went well. Now what are you going to do when i3CS comes out next year?!?

Ha . . .

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

Gonna rip it all out and get the new stuff of course!

LMAO! Thats my man always gotta move forward.

I believe sometime in the future the next Insteon device will be a tilt sensor. Not too sure how many uses there would be considering a person could use 3rd party items to mimic the same.

I would like to see all of the new products offer similar energy Z-Wave energy monitoring though.

That would be worth an entire home upgrade for me!

I would like to see all of the new products offer similar energy Z-Wave energy monitoring though.

Energy monitoring for me would be too depressing. My house uses too much electricity as it is and I have done everything possible to lower to consumption. I don't need to be reminded each day how I am using precious resources and my carbon footprint is the size of bigfoot (btw he is real). But I don't buy electric cars either I have two gas guzzlers! I say to hell with the environment! I don't have kids so when I am gone what do I care? Who am I saving the world for? :evil: (I am being facetious and over dramatic of course)

Also have you ever thought maybe history is peaceful but ideals are violent? Just let that one soak in for a bit ;) lol

On a side note - not sure what these electricians did in my Home Theater Room. Need to do some investigating before I can fully complete the swap out. Gotta wait till tomorrow. This was quite an undertaking.

Energy monitoring for me would be too depressing.

And, besides, the energy used to monitor the energy used would probably consume whatever energy you save by reacting to the usage levels.

I say to hell with the environment!

I am not quite there.  But I must admit that I wonder from time to time if our efforts to "save" the environment are causing more harm than good.  Windmills killing more birds than could ever be killed by oil spills.  Giant fields of solar panels killing birds and leaving less room for trees.  Poisoned rivers from mines extracting minerals for the batteries of  those "zero emission" cars. 

Sometimes I just don't know whether my effort to reduce my "carbon footprint" is helpful or harmful.

And, besides, the energy used to monitor the energy used would probably consume whatever energy you save by reacting to the usage levels.

I am not quite there.  But I must admit that I wonder from time to time if our efforts to "save" the environment are causing more harm than good.  Windmills killing more birds than could ever be killed by oil spills.  Giant fields of solar panels killing birds and leaving less room for trees.  Poisoned rivers from mines extracting minerals for the batteries of  those "zero emission" cars. 

Sometimes I just don't know whether my effort to reduce my "carbon footprint" is helpful or harmful.

These are very fair points in terms of return on investment. I figured once that my HA devices might be burning more than 100 watts (or more), 24 x 7.  I have an energy monitoring tool from my power company and it reads the smart meter with an impressive 24 hour and historic use display. Is it finite and accurate? Yes. Does it drive behavior changes?.. not so much.

I already have timers on certain lights and devices to "auto off". I already have day / night / away programs for my thermostat. I set my PCs to standby after 10 minutes. But, I have to run the fridge, wash dishes and clothes. Which leaves two outcomes.

• I've already tweaked what I can tweak on an appliance by appliance basis from a savings perspective
  • I can't change things that have to be done- dishwasher cycles, clothes, etc.

So while I care, I'm still working at rich data collection points being something I can manage to. My power company also has a time of day staggered rate I could sign up for, but given our lifestyle, it would wreak more havoc (only do dishes and clothes at night, etc) than make a material difference.

I'd like it to, but have been banging this bb around in my head for 15 years, and still not there.  Smart sprinkling programs were the one case where ROI was proved with the water bill and a lot of water is saved. 

Paul

Not to take this thread too far left field.

Once all energy conservation techniques and austerity measures have been done and exhausted. The only route to save more on energy is to produce / generate your own.

This is the position I am in now and the only way to offset the asinine costs billed by the POCO is to make my own. Keeping in mind if people are talking about ROI it simply does not pencil out.

The only time it does is if you live in a place where subsidies and rebates are in place. In America getting a 30% federal tax rebate along with any State incentives and POCO NET fee's it works out for many. In places where the Province is run by Nazi's and blood sucking thieves generation of power is the only method to offset increasing make believe costs placed on the consumer.

Not to take this thread too far left field.

Once all energy conservation techniques and austerity measures have been done and exhausted. The only route to save more on energy is to produce / generate your own.

This is the position I am in now and the only way to offset the asinine costs billed by the POCO is to make my own. Keeping in mind if people are talking about ROI it simply does not pencil out.

The only time it does is if you live in a place where subsidies and rebates are in place. In America getting a 30% federal tax rebate along with any State incentives and POCO NET fee's it works out for many. In places where the Province is run by Nazi's and blood sucking thieves generation of power is the only method to offset increasing make believe costs placed on the consumer.

...and yet, you ain't seen nuttin' yet, baby! Even at $0.40 / kWh you can't beat the cheaper prices of the grid power produced on  bulk scale. Most alt energy producers from way back agree that $0.40 per kWh is probably the break-even point for most systems and that was 15 years ago. I will never break even on my $35k I threw in the toilet let alone the chemicals I ruined the earth with producing my equipment. It has been exciting though. I still have a wind turbine blade I can't find in the neighbourhood. :)

. I still have a wind turbine blade I can't find in the neighbourhood. :)

LOL, you should really take a few minutes to find that thing you know. I can't imagine waking up to see one of those air vain's missing and scratching my head *WTF did it go to*

Ha . . .

LOL, you should really take a few minutes to find that thing you know. I can't imagine waking up to see one of those air vain's missing and scratching my head *WTF did it go to*

Ha . . .

Or not for deniability in case it went through the next door neighbors window and they don't know where it came from! ;)

Ha . . .

Ohhh... I have looked to no avail. A friend believes it t be in my attic under the insulation batts but I see no trace of it in there. Yeah is smashed a hole in my shop roof through 1/2" garbage board and metal shingles. We get regular 120 km wind gusts on this mountain. Wind turbine is gone forever now. Too scary here. :(

I have:

USED:

3 - 2476S Switchlinc Relays v.2C

2 - 2476DH Switchlinc Dimmers 1000W v.38

NEW:

6 - 2635-232 On/Off Modules

PM me if interested with price/quantity.

Edited quantities 08/29/15 (Almost everything is sold)

Just want to say I bought a bunch of dimmers and a KeypadLinc from huddadudda and he shipped when he said he would, and they arrived in great condition. Would buy from again .

Just want to say I bought a bunch of dimmers and a KeypadLinc from huddadudda and he shipped when he said he would, and they arrived in great condition. Would buy from again .

I had no doubt in my mind it was going to be a smooth transition.

I had no doubt in my mind it was going to be a smooth transition.

Yeah I just had a very mediocre eBay experience (fortunately the reception rather than the rule). The guy took 3 times as long to ship as claimed on the listing, lied to me when he said he shipped, and then ignored me when I asked for a tracking number.

Yeah I just had a very mediocre eBay experience (fortunately the reception rather than the rule). The guy took 3 times as long to ship as claimed on the listing, lied to me when he said he shipped, and then ignored me when I asked for a tracking number.

I can relate to that having been a member for more than ten years on EBAY. I would say the first eight years were straight up fantastic and I honestly made out like a bandit in some of the deals I got. In the last two years I actually had to go through the whole EBAY dispute process.

Which by the way absolutely works so long as you follow the outlined process and don't let the seller brain wash you in *waiting* Do not ever let the sale / purchase lapse past the allocated time frame or you will not have any protection.

I've been burned only once in the 10 plus years but was partially made whole by the CC company because EBAY's hands were tied and I had trusted the seller to come through but didn't.

BTW: Don't know why I used the word transition opposed to transaction?!?!?

LOL, brain is slow . . .

Thank you guys for the kind words. Back in the old days when men were men, your word and a handshake was all you needed. I was raised with this philosophy and when I give my word and say I am going to do something I follow through. Although I understand things change, I dont think everything should. A mans word should mean something, no BS!

Thank you guys for the kind words. Back in the old days when men were men, your word and a handshake was all you needed. I was raised with this philosophy and when I give my word and say I am going to do something I follow through. Although I understand things change, I dont think everything should. A mans word should mean something, no BS!

Amen!

Archived