Looking to add camera for Garage status

eyost

Hi all,

I am looking to add a camera in the garage to help determine the status of the garage door. I currently have MobiLinc Pro but what will I need to join this to my ISY and allow me to check the camera via the internet? Ideally I would like to have a wireless camera and close the door if it was left open; not really interested in opening the door as it would be a security issue.

Thanks for any help.

Ed

Virtually every IP camera includes software (browser access) and an app (smartphone access). In addition, the camera can be added to the ISY from the HTML interface.

Hi Ed,

MobiLinc (iOS) offers an IP Camera plug-in to stream your IP Camera into the MobiLinc app. From the MobiLinc app you can see your garage camera and open/close your garage door at the same time. To get the IP Camera plug-in go to Plug-Ins and select the IP Camera plug-in.

To setup your camera for remote access, take a look at our high-level guide here: http://forum.mobilinc.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2423&sid=2e150018f2cd9578b62b65c2ccb2569a

Wes

Hi Ed,

MobiLinc (iOS) offers an IP Camera plug-in to stream your IP Camera into the MobiLinc app. From the MobiLinc app you can see your garage camera and open/close your garage door at the same time. To get the IP Camera plug-in go to Plug-Ins and select the IP Camera plug-in.

To setup your camera for remote access, take a look at our high-level guide here: http://forum.mobilinc.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2423&sid=2e150018f2cd9578b62b65c2ccb2569a

Wes

Wes,

Thanks for the information. Is there a particular camera or one with specific features that I should look for that plays nice with MobiLinc?

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ed,

Camera's that support RTSP are preferred. Other than that, I do know there there are a lot of MobiLinc users with FOSCAM, Sharx, Y-Cam, and TrendNet cameras.

Wes

I have Foscam cameras (FI8910W) that are RTSP compatible it appears, but that stream is accessed by rtsp://ip etc... How can this url be entered into the Mobilinc IP camera plugin? What am I missing?

Archived