Switchlinc won't accept scene program

Jon_W

Hi,

I have a brand new SwitchLink (v 4.0) that I recently installed, that linked just fine to my ISY-26, but it will not allow itself to be added to any scenes (as Controller or Responder). About two-third through the programming process, the ISY GUI comes back with "Request Failed". I've air-gap'd it, factory reset it (several times), still exactly the same error. I even removed it, and connected to an standard outlet with a cheater cord in another location.. exact same failure. Other SwitchLincs have accepted programing just fine.

So.. is this a known failure mode? Any suggections?

Hello Jon_W,

New SWLs are i2 (INSTEON 2) only and that may be part of the problem. We do have an i2 release planned in the next couple of days. Please do be kind enough to subscribe to:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=930

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi,

I have a brand new SwitchLink (v 4.0) that I recently installed, that linked just fine to my ISY-26, but it will not allow itself to be added to any scenes (as Controller or Responder). About two-third through the programming process, the ISY GUI comes back with "Request Failed". I've air-gap'd it, factory reset it (several times), still exactly the same error. I even removed it, and connected to an standard outlet with a cheater cord in another location.. exact same failure. Other SwitchLincs have accepted programing just fine.

So.. is this a known failure mode? Any suggections?

Michel,

Just for clarification.. in your post above, were you referring to v 2.6.8? As that is indeed the version I am already running on my ISY-26.

Jon

Archived