KeypadLinc Custom Buttons

smokegrub

I am aware of threads here complaining about the outrageous new pricing structure for these buttons. I have posted a suggestion for a new product at http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/new-insteon-device-wish-list offering KPLs with custom etched keys included. This will expose the cost of custom etched buttons in the initial purchasing decision. I encourage you to "like" my idea or, alternatively, propose your own.

F.Y.I.

Approximately the end of last year Smarthome changed vendors for their buttons. The current white buttons are a few shades darker than the buttons from the previous vendor resulting in a color mismatch with the older buttons and less light shinning through.

That, to me, makes the current price point all the more ridiculous. It would be interesting to find out who the previous vendor was and see if there is an interest in customers buying direct.

That, to me, makes the current price point all the more ridiculous. It would be interesting to find out who the previous vendor was and see if there is an interest in customers buying direct.

It's was most likely a company in China. I believe they just manufacture the buttons, the etching is done in California.

Hi,

Just invest in a Brother Label Maker Printer, recommendiing model PT-D600 because it can be hooked up to your computer and using the included software P-Touch Editor. Or any brand 'label maker' printer you like. They come as cheap as $20.

Create your own using the fonts you like.

You can do tricky designs you just can't get from the etched.

The labels are printer on Laminated paper with 'self-adhesive'.

Here are a few pics of what I managed to create:

post-6727-0-37318800-1442979121_thumb.jpg  post-6727-0-04457400-1442979133_thumb.jpg  post-6727-0-63590300-1442979142_thumb.jpg

Rob

Archived