Linking programs to scene

bmiller

I have 1 program setup to run a series of lights when we are away. These are programmed with varying on and off times with sunset etc.

These work ok when physically pressing the kpl.  2 lights are setup to be active when the away button is not pressed to act as normally on plugs. When the kpl is pressed they shutoff and the program will turn them on and off. I made a scene with the kpl button in it to activate the program if we are out and cannot get home in time, or we forgot to turn the kpl on when we left. When i turn the scene on from pressing the kpl physically these lights turn off as they should, and are ready for their on command later in the evening. if i turn the scene on from my phone with mobilinc pro or from the console, the kpl lights up, but the lights will not shut off and i assume the programs will not run.

i also have a program setup to stop some programs and return the 2 lights to their on status when we get home and turn the vacation kpl button off. I'm not sure what i'm missing with the scene to get these programs to work the same as physically pressing the button.post-3227-0-35317900-1443206078_thumb.jpgpost-3227-0-77746800-1443206087_thumb.jpgpost-3227-0-67302600-1443206095_thumb.jpgpost-3227-0-71209900-1443206102_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure what your specific problem is, but Stop a program means to discontinue a running program from running. You may want to use Enable and/or disable the program(s).

The Vacation Scene, if this is the Scene being run from the phone, turns the KPL button On but that action does NOT cause the KPL button action to run.  Need to invoke something from phone that turns the KPL button On AND invokes the action that happens when the KPL button is physically pressed.

I know it sounds confusing. The programs run when the kpl is pressed physically. When the kpl is activated from the console or from my phone, the kpl light comes on but the lights don't respond as they should. I gather programs linked to a kpl need the physical action of the kpl. i'm not sure how to link the programs to a scene so i can activate them remotely. it isn't as easy as just adding the kpl button to a scene.

Thanks for any help

Brad

No scenes are invoked when the kpl is pressed. 2 programs are activated from the physical pressing of the kpl. I want to activate the same programs remotely in case i forget to press the kpl when we leave the house.

Like you say, adding the kpl to a scene won't work, and i've been trying to figure out a way to activate these programs remotely. This happened not long ago, and i thought i activated them by turning the scene with

the kpl in the scene on remotely from Florida. Turns out all it did was turn the kpl light on and nothing else. I'm not sure if this is even possible at this point.

Thanks again for your help.

Brad

An Idea. What if i add an unused switchlinc or outletlinc in a remote location, and use it as a trigger. If I add it as an "or" to the vacation program. I should be able to turn it on as a device from my phone and start

the programs running.

I had an unused on/off outletlinc, and did a test setup. Works good as a trigger. I'll make a permanent install later. I did try an older 2472D with the lamp magnetic device, but it wouldn't work for some reason. The 2473S works with a few small changes in the programs, and one small new one. Another tiny part of the learning curve figured out.

Brad

Archived