how to switch between scenes based on time of day

calberrt

Hello Everyone.  I'm looking for some advice on how to accomplish the following scenario.

I have one scene set to turn on throughout the day at 60% on rate

It's set up as follows:

Livingroom Day Scene - responders set to come on at 60%

controller - Keypadlinc button c

responder - livingroom light 1, livingroom light 2 

as it gets darker at night and the scene is still on, i'd like the lights in the scene to automatically adjust to say 80% on level. Would I have to do this through the use of another scene or use a program to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance

calberrt

A program is the correct approach.

If

From 'specify time or sunset'

To 'specify time or sunrise'  (next day)

Then

Set 'scene name' desired level

Else

Set 'scene name' desired level

Ok.  So if I want to have 3 scenes for morning, day and night, the way to change the on level of the scenes is to use a program?

Here's my program that I wrote and the on seems to work but the switch between the two scenes does not.

Evening Lights - [iD 004D][Parent 0031]

If
        From     5:10:00AM
        To      Sunset  -  2 hours  (same day)
    And (
             Status  'Livingroom Keypad Local' is 100%
          Or Control 'Livingroom Keypad Local' is switched On
        )

Then
        Set Scene 'Main Floor / Livingroom / Mainfloor Evening' On

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

My next program to make the switch was as follows:

If time is sunset - 2 hours
And (
             Status  'Livingroom Keypad Local' is 100%
          Or Control 'Livingroom Keypad Local' is switched On
        )

Then
        Set Scene 'Main Floor / Livingroom / Mainfloor Night On
        Set Scene Main Floor / Livingroom / Mainfloor Evening Off

Else

I think this is where my problem lies.  When I ran this, all the responders in the scene went off (the responders in the two scenes are the same so I imagine this is why)

What I would like to have happen is to have the the responders to either ramp up to the desired on level (ie.  if they are on at 60%, to ramp up to 80% when the time hits sunset - 2 hours)  How would I adjust my program/scenes to do what I would like them to do?

You're just turning scenes on or off. But my previous post is in error. Here's the method to change the device level in a scene:

Then

In Scene 'scene name' Set 'device name' x% (ON level)

Repeat for each device in the scene

Hi Stu,  thanks so much for your help.  In order to make what I want have happen, I have to adjust the responders in the scene to different levels then

If i program this into ISy to change the on level based on a time, will it automatically trigger the change in on level?  or do I have to write a separate program to do this.  Here is the program I came up with

If
        Time is  8:05:00PM

Then
        In Scene 'Main Floor / Livingroom / Livingroom Day' Set 'Livingroom Light 2' 90% (On Level)
        In Scene 'Main Floor / Livingroom / Livingroom Day' Set 'Livingroom Light 3' 90% (On Level)

Else

So I tried to implement this but there was no change on the on level of the lights with the responders when the time reached 8:05 pm.  I did notice that the ISY wrote some adjustments to the scene.  When I tried turning off the scene and turning it back on again, it did write it to 90% instead of the scenes original 80%.  What am i missing here?

Here is want I want.  Scene is on with lights at 80%.  As it gets darker outside (with the scene still on), i would like the on responders to fade up to 90%.  Is this possible?  

Thanks

If

Time is 8:05:00PM

Then

In Scene 'Main Floor / Livingroom / Livingroom Day' Set 'Livingroom Light 2' 90% (On Level)

In Scene 'Main Floor / Livingroom / Livingroom Day' Set 'Livingroom Light 3' 90% (On Level)

Else

So I tried to implement this but there was no change on the on level of the lights with the responders when the time reached 8:05 pm. I did notice that the ISY wrote some adjustments to the scene. When I tried turning off the scene and turning it back on again, it did write it to 90% instead of the scenes original 80%. What am i missing here?

You are missing at two lines in your 'Then', assuming that both 'Livingroom Light 2' and 'Livingroom Light 3' are scene controllers for your 'Main Floor / Livingroom / Livingroom Day' scene.

You need to set the local 'On' levels of all scene controller devices as well to 90%. The local 'On' level will override the scene 'On' level when you control it directly.

I'm mobile right now, I'll try and get you an example later.

Here's another way! may not be best. We have a fixture going up the stairs that is always on. Pretty much never control the fixture locally. I have its on level change 3 times during the day, say 25%, 50%, and 90%. I created 3 scenes, fixture 25%, fixture 50%, fixture 90%, and added the fixture scene members to each scene, all as responders.

Then I made programs to set the desired scene on at a particular time (maybe used time ranges, would have to check).

Ex:

If time is 7a

Then set scene fixture 50% on.

If time is sunset- 1 hour

Then set scene fixture 90% on.

If time is 1155pm

Then set scene fixture 25% on.

Here's another way! may not be best. We have a fixture going up the stairs that is always on. Pretty much never control the fixture locally. I have its on level change 3 times during the day, say 25%, 50%, and 90%. I created 3 scenes, fixture 25%, fixture 50%, fixture 90%, and added the fixture scene members to each scene, all as responders.

Then I made programs to set the desired scene on at a particular time (maybe used time ranges, would have to check).

Ex:

If time is 7a

Then set scene fixture 50% on.

If time is sunset- 1 hour

Then set scene fixture 90% on.

If time is 1155pm

Then set scene fixture 25% on.

I wouldn't bother doing scenes for that. Just set the levels you want in the programs.

Archived