Release 2.6.10 is now available

Michel Kohanim

Release 2.6.10 beta is now available and may be downloaded immediately.

For fixes and enhancements, please peruse our beta forum at http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=930. You may also post your comments/questions and issues relating to 2.6.10 to this forum.

This release provides the following important features:

1. 99i Series Optional Modules (Help->Purchase Modules)

--> Weather Module: allows you to add weather information in your programs

--> Energy Meter Module: allows you to use Brultech Meter information in your programs

--> Online Upgrade from 99i Series to 99i PRO Series

2. i2 Support

Bugs

1. Does not work on ISY-26***

2. Devices cannot be queried from programs

3. Slow initial query

4. Sometimes, the initial query does not take place

IMPORTANT

1. For those upgrading from release 2.6

--->Please note that releases 2.6.1 and above will use default HTTP/HTTPS ports of 80/443 respectively. As such, before upgrading Disable Internet Access

--->You will have to upgrade to release 2.6.5 ( http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=1409 ) before upgrading to release 2.6.9

--->If you are upgrading from 2.6.1, please make sure you export all your programs and store them in a safe place

2. If you have used bookmarks, please update them accordingly. If you have problems finding ISY, try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i

3. As always, please take a backup of your ISY

Due to massive [plumbing] changes in this release, please do be kind enough to thoroughly test i2 related issues such as not receiving status feedback from i2 devices.

INSTRUCTIONS

- Userid = isy

- Password = autoupdate

- For ISY-26, download the update from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip do not unzip

- For ISY-99i Series, download the update from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip do not unzip

- Login to Admin Console

- Choose Help->Manually Upgrade My Lighting and choose the file you downloaded in the previous step

- Important: After upgrading, please close Admin Console, close all web browser processes, clear your Java cache, and reopen Admin Console. If there are any web browser processes running, the Java cache will not be cleared.

well i upgraded with no problem. But when i choose Help > purchase module. I am taken to a new web page with the following error:

HTTP Status 404 - /servlet/com.universaldevices.server.ServiceFeaturePurchase

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message /servlet/com.universaldevices.server.ServiceFeaturePurchase

description The requested resource (/servlet/com.universaldevices.server.ServiceFeaturePurchase) is not available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.0.30

I wanted to check out the weather module.....

any idea?

Hello reakhavok,

Please do be kind enough to retry. I think you hit our server right when it was being recycled (daily).

As far as the logs, please do be kind enough to retry. Logs get actually get written after 32 entries (otherwise everything will be much slower).

If that does not work, please do Tools->Clear Log and let me know if this works.

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

I also just noticed that since the upgrade, I no longer see any new activities show up in the log files.....Ive even cleared my log and turned off/on a few lights and still see nothing in the log

All of my Motion Sensors show up as unsupported devices. I tried adding them from the administrative console, but no joy.

Do I have to manually add them as I did originally, by holding the set button, etc.?

Also, the Module option section on the Configuration page is gone. Do I go to the help section and purchase?

Joe

Joe,

Yes, unfortunately you have to since SH decided to change the cat/subcat for Motion Sensors (without notice). The Modules now show up in Help->About.

Michael,

Please do be kind enough to clear your Java cache and retry.

reakhavoc,

Thanks so very much for the update.

With kind regards,

Michel

This is weird, after clearing cashe, I get this message

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11

Using JRE version 1.6.0_11 Java HotSpot Client VM

User home directory = C:\Users\Michael Snowdon

----------------------------------------------------

c: clear console window

f: finalize objects on finalization queue

g: garbage collect

h: display this help message

l: dump classloader list

m: print memory usage

o: trigger logging

q: hide console

r: reload policy configuration

s: dump system and deployment properties

t: dump thread list

v: dump thread stack

x: clear classloader cache

0-5: set trace level to

----------------------------------------------------

load: class com.universaldevices.client.ui.UDClientApplet.class not found.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.universaldevices.client.ui.UDClientApplet.class

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed:http://192.168.1.3/com/universaldevices/client/ui/UDClientApplet/class.class

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

... 7 more

Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.universaldevices.client.ui.UDClientApplet.class

Joe,

Yes, unfortunately you have to since SH decided to change the cat/subcat for Motion Sensors (without notice). The Modules now show up in Help->About.

Michael,

Please do be kind enough to clear your Java cache and retry.

reakhavoc,

Thanks so very much for the update.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel:

I purchased the Weather Module, and when I follow the instructions on the Manage Modules, after a few seconds the message "Request Failed" comes up.

I tried restarting the Admin Console and clearing the Java Cache, but same message.

Can you point me in the right direction.

Joe

I was just looking in my programs after the upgrade, and to edit a time in an existing program, it just shows ... in the time drop downs under 'schedule'. I cleared the Java and re-booted. It is still there.

Do you see this?

In the previous releases, when I Queried a device it would take only a few seconds.

With 2.6.10 it takes about 5 minutes. It's almost as if it's querying the entire network, but the lights on the ISY are not flashing as it does on a network Query.

I am having problems with my motion sensor and 2.6.10. When I updated, the motion sensor (previously installed and operational) showed up as an unknown device type. I removed it and reinstalled it by manually selecting the device type. Now I can't change the on level or ramp rate for the scene that the motion sensor controls. I get a request failed dialog.

Michel:

I purchased the Weather Module, and when I follow the instructions on the Manage Modules, after a few seconds the message "Request Failed" comes up.

I tried restarting the Admin Console and clearing the Java Cache, but same message.

Joe

Update:

Although I can access my ISY from the outside, the "About" tells me the internet is disabled. The Telnet says that it is Enabled (by the Disable Internet command in the telnet.) If I try to Disable Internet (to enable it again) I get a "Cannot find Internet Gateway."

Does this have something to do with my being unable to load the Weather Bug Module?

Joe

BTW...The relinking of all my Motion Sensors is very trying (I have MANY). Also, do all the options in the MS menu really work?

Hi Joe,

The reason is that we setup your firewall manually.

The reason that you get request failed is because ISY still cannot access the Internet (do you remember your gmail issues? we had to use the IP address instead of name).

Please send me your UUID (Help->About) and I will get it taken care of for you manually (support@universal-devices.com).

Michel

Michel:

Joe

Update:

Although I can access my ISY from the outside, the "About" tells me the internet is disabled. The Telnet says that it is Enabled (by the Disable Internet command in the telnet.) If I try to Disable Internet (to enable it again) I get a "Cannot find Internet Gateway."

Does this have something to do with my being unable to load the Weather Bug Module?

Joe

BTW...The relinking of all my Motion Sensors is very trying (I have MANY). Also, do all the options in the MS menu really work?

In the previous releases, when I Queried a device it would take only a few seconds.

With 2.6.10 it takes about 5 minutes. It's almost as if it's querying the entire network, but the lights on the ISY are not flashing as it does on a network Query.

Using a stopwatch it is ~4 minutes. The log looks like it is using the extended messaging when it shouldn't be. My levels and rates all show 0/9min on these devices. It seems to treat some devices correctly.

The ISY did not do a Query at Reboot, and it didn't seem to catchup the schedules either. I tried to do a network query (before I started the logger) and it didn't do it. When I next queried one device it apparently went through some of the network.

I don't believe I have any I2 devices, I reinstalled 2.6.8 and all is well again.

Rand

Michel:

Whew!

I remembered the manual setting up of the router for the gmail (My router would not resolve the gmail dns so we put the numerical IP address for gmail and the email worked.)

...so I went into the telnet and put everything back to where it should be.

Having done that, I was able to receive the module without issue. When it was time to choose a location, I had trouble with setting my location. The page which showed the various stations would flash up for less than a second then disappear. I would have to force quit the Administration Console. I chose a larger city near me and I was able to set a location. It was a little more than 13 miles from me but it will work.

I would like to be able to get my weather station on Weather Bug to have access to very localized conditions.

One more thing: I asked earlier, but you have been very busy today; do the options function for the motion sensors really do what the ISY says they can be set to? And if so, what scale are you using for light? Is it 0-100 on a linear scale? If so, I have some very sensitive light metering equipment (commercial photographer in a previous life) which would help me with ambient lighting in an important room.

Joe

P.S.

I have upgraded to Java 1.6.0_11 and things seem to be a little slow when dealing the Admin Console.

Also, with my router/ISY situation back to where it should be, I'm getting my email notifications.

Rand wrote:

The ISY did not do a Query at Reboot, and it didn't seem to catchup the schedules either. I tried to do a network query (before I started the logger) and it didn't do it. When I next queried one device it apparently went through some of the network.

DITTO!

Joe

Hi Rand,

Thanks so very much. I suspect you are reaching the limits of your PLM!

i2 devices respond to get engine version with 1. That's how we figure out which one is i2.

The PLM itself, has to be i2 enabled and I doubt if PLM 52 can handle i2.

As far as query on startup, please go to the configuration page, under System tab, please let me know if the Query at start is checked. Ah, you are back to 2.6.8 ... no worries.

Michel

Using a stopwatch it is ~4 minutes. The log looks like it is using the extended messaging when it shouldn't be. My levels and rates all show 0/9min on these devices. It seems to treat some devices correctly.

I don't believe I have any I2 devices, I reinstalled 2.6.8 and all is well again.

Rand

Hi Joe,

Good to hear you got the modules to work. It would be fabulous to have your own weather station plugged into Weatherbug.

The motion sensor options should work and I have verified them personally. The scale is linear except for the timeout which is in minutes.

Java 1.6.11? Ah, this is one thing we have not tested yet.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel:

Whew!

I remembered the manual setting up of the router for the gmail (My router would not resolve the gmail dns so we put the numerical IP address for gmail and the email worked.)

...so I went into the telnet and put everything back to where it should be.

Having done that, I was able to receive the module without issue. When it was time to choose a location, I had trouble with setting my location. The page which showed the various stations would flash up for less than a second then disappear. I would have to force quit the Administration Console. I chose a larger city near me and I was able to set a location. It was a little more than 13 miles from me but it will work.

I would like to be able to get my weather station on Weather Bug to have access to very localized conditions.

One more thing: I asked earlier, but you have been very busy today; do the options function for the motion sensors really do what the ISY says they can be set to? And if so, what scale are you using for light? Is it 0-100 on a linear scale? If so, I have some very sensitive light metering equipment (commercial photographer in a previous life) which would help me with ambient lighting in an important room.

Joe

P.S.

I have upgraded to Java 1.6.0_11 and things seem to be a little slow when dealing the Admin Console.

Also, with my router/ISY situation back to where it should be, I'm getting my email notifications.

Are you able to change OL/RR for motion sensor controlled scenes?

Yes.

Archived