Insteon WiFi HD Camera Won't Record to SDcard -- it will now!

Wingsy

Thought I would post my experience here in hopes it will help someone who is having similar problems.

Have: Insteon WiFi HD Camera 2864-226, MacPro running Yosemite. Have successfully set up the camera and can see live video in a Safari window. Camera on wifi network, and SD Card is a Sandisk Ultra Plus microSDHC, 16GB, class 10.

Problem was when viewing live video and clicking on the Record button, an error message appeared saying the SD Card was full (brand new card, showing 14.8GB available) and no recording was being made, anywhere. Also, nothing was being recorded to the SD Card when Motion Detection was set and there was motion.

This fix occurred in 2 steps. First, to get the SD Card error to go away, we had to create a folder in the top level of my hard drive with the same name as shown in the Local Recording Location (IPCamRecord). Once that was done, clicking Record button while viewing live video resulted in a recording being made to that folder, and no SD Card error. (Go figure.)

2nd, We still had no recording being made to the SD Card with motion until we set the SCHEDULE for motion recordings to ALL times. Nothing in the manual said this was necessary. At least the schedule had to encompass the current time for recordings to be made - it doesn't have to be ALL times. You might say that was obvious but it would have been nice if the initial settings for this schedule was ALL and the motion detect feature was clarified as MOTION+SCHEDULE. After all that, I got recordings with motion being written to the SD Card and was able to play them back. (When playing back don't omit clicking the magnifying glass next to the "Type" drop-down menu, or you won't see your record file names.)

Setting up this camera shouldn't have to require so much work.

Thanks goes to Alex in tech support for his help with this.

Archived