Insteon Range

Cormacs

I tried them probably a dozen times today with no changes and so far they have worked flawlessly. The only time I have noticed it is in the morning and I'm on my way to the dog houses to put my dogs out and then leave for work

What type of bulbs are you using?

CFL's can sometimes generate power line noise. Anything else that's only on in the morning that could be problematic?

I don't use cfl's all the lights in my house have been swapped out for LEDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEDs can be worse with their switching power supplies. CFLs only need a starter circuit.

Most of my LEDs seem good now but some of the earlier cheaper units I had to toss. Not due to interference but visual flickering and noise.

Some LED's include a built-in driver circuit which improves compatibility with different types of "controllers"

I've found that the LED's without drivers don't work well with Insteon. I've had good results with both CREE and FEIT bulbs.

Every single bulb in my house is CREE 60w equivalents. I have two fixtures that use 5 Cree bulbs at once. These fixtures are dimmable from a keypadlinc. When dimmed, or even at 100% I can hear some audible noise coming from the bulbs or possible the fixture (like a humming noise). Could this also cause noise on the powerline as well?

Every single bulb in my house is CREE 60w equivalents. I have two fixtures that use 5 Cree bulbs at once. These fixtures are dimmable from a keypadlinc. When dimmed, or even at 100% I can hear some audible noise coming from the bulbs or possible the fixture (like a humming noise). Could this also cause noise on the powerline as well?

The noise is not a positive or a positive indicator. The real and easy way is to just unplug everything check to see if the problem ges away and then start adding things back in with testing after each add.

I sure hope your CREE bulbs aren't the culprit. I haven't had problems with mine, that I know of. I had one 60w equiv Cree go bad in a chandelier of 5and had it replaced a HD. Unfortunately they brought in the vented style at all store now and they do not dim on the same curve, especially at the bottom "off" end of the curve.

The vented bulb style is also much larger and I would be sure after sucking in dust for a few years may be a planned burnout feature. What are all these LED bulbs companies going to do after producing bulbs that never burn out and they are installed everywhere? It wouldn't be the first time the big light bulb companies conspired to make bulbs that didn't last long.

If this is the only fixture that's noisy then it certainly wouldn't hurt to remove a few bulbs at a time to see if the noise is eliminated. It's possible that one of the bulbs has a bad driver circuit.

Archived