Programs in folder don't run at startup

ussuriysk

Hello,

I have all of my lighting programs in two folders, one for normal lighting and one for when I'm away.  The normal folder conditions look like: 

If 

Control 'Keypad-A' is switched off

And Control 'Keypad-A' is not switched on

Then

Allow the programs in this folder to run.

and vice-versa for the away folder.

This is how the configuration is set:

Firmware v4.2.18

Query at Restart - checked

Wait while busy reading - checked

Send compact notifications - unchecked

Catch up schedules at restart - checked

Missed Schedule Grace period - 10:0

Nothing in either folder will run upon reboot.  In the Program Summary tab, the folder statuses are False. The programs in the list don't show a Next Run Time until I toggle the button on the keypad. Then everything will run fine.

I have a 3rd folder that has no conditions.  It doesn't show up in the Program Summary tab, only its program does. The program in it runs at startup just fine and sends me a text that the ISY rebooted. The program also shows a Next Run Time after a reboot. 

Selecting Run at Startup on the folder seems to have no effect at all.  The documentation states:

Next, ISY queries all devices and determines their status. During this process, the True/False state is determined for programs and folders which have conditions, and any programs which require running are set to run following initialization. Folders with no conditions are set to True so as not to prevent programs within them from running, since without conditions a folder's state will never be changed.

But this isn't what happens.  If it's checking the conditions on the folders, I would expect that it should set them to True. But it doesn't.  What am I missing? (I know it's something obvious. I just don't understand the ISY well enough to get it.) Any advice is greatly appreciated!

If Control is an Event driven activity, True only while command is being processed.  Not useful for Folder condition.

Use

If Status 'Keypad-A' is Off

for the Folder that has Programs to execute when KPL button is Off

and

If Status 'Keypad-A' is On

for the Folder that has Programs to execute when KPL button is On

Also note that 4.2.18 is old. 4.3.26 is latest Official release.

Yes, that's the way I used to do it.  Status either Off or not Off (there's no on choice).  Except that then pressing the button on the keypad doesn't set any of the programs in the away folder to True.  If I wanted to put the ISY in "away mode" I was having to remember to reboot after changing the keypad.  

So I changed it and I've had to press the button after a reboot (and hope it doesn't happen while I'm away).  

Perhaps I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too....

Also updated to 4.3.26, thanks.

The expand on what LeeG said above, 

The programs within the folder need to be triggered by either one of their If section triggers or forcibly called by another program to start them running.

-Xathros

The expand on what LeeG said above, 

The programs within the folder need to be triggered by either one of their If section triggers or forcibly called by another program to start them running.

-Xathros

Just for my own brain as I hardly ever use 'status' and very few folder conditions. I find them very "hidden".

Control

----------

The folder(s) will not be enabled as the control signal(s) 'On' or 'Off' have never been received soon after the power up stage. ISY doesn't know yet.

Status

---------

How does the 'status' condition for the folder logic get resolved if the controls signal(s) 'On' or 'Off' have never been received soon after a power up? ISY doesn't know yet. A query? What initiates the query?

Archived