Add Z-Wave Wayne-Dalton WDHA-12

rhodges

I have a Wayne-Dalton WDHA-12 that I never got around to adding to ISY. The last time I tried to add it, it was back in 4.1 and I was told I need to wait until 4.2. Now that we are well into 4.3, I thought I'd give it a go.

I don't have any other z-wave devices. I verified my firmware is 4.55 and bootloader version is 1.03. I tried with both internal and external antenna.

I put the WDHA-12 in linking mode (whatever it is called), by pressing and holding copy, then I press scene 1 and the lights blink. Good. I think run back to ISY and within 20 seconds, I to Z-Wave -> Add/Include a Z-Wave Device.... and nothing.

I tried putting ISY is linking mode, then the WDHA-12.... and nothing.

I put a fresh battery in the WDHA-12 and they are about 3 feet apart when I try to link them.

I am ISY 994i/IR PRO with the Z-Wave module.

Am I doing something wrong?

This was my original thread asking about support for the WDHA-12

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/13198-wayne-dalton-wdha-12-support/

When you put the ISY in "linking mode", is this the same mode you use to add insteon devices?  For Z-wave, one must "add/include Z-wave device".  Putting the ISY into linking mode will not work with Z-wave.

My recollection is that one first must choose "add/include Z-wave device" then toggle the desired z-wave device.  If this does not work, try first excluding the z-wave device.

In case you have not checked, instructions are here

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Z-Wave_GenII_-_Instructions

Unfortunately, the answer is the same.   Z-Wave multichannel will be coming sometime in 5.X.

Ugh. This thing is the entire reason I bought the ISY. I probably should have just kept the VERA or used something else, or at the very least, checked it worked before I purchased it, haha. Thanks for the heads up.

• 7 months later...

HI Michael... any updates on the multi-channel zwave support? (Firmware @ 4.5.1 and UI 4.3.26)

I also am playing with the WDHA-12R and was able to add it as a "Controller" but it seems to be a stub, can't get any of the scene-buttons "discovered".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Was messing around with some z-wave controllers to see about finally getting that arcane Wayne Dalton "Gateway" (WHDA-12) device functional, and just found this old thread while googling around.

That's a bummer to hear there's been no progress on this z-wave scene support.  I understand being stretched thin, so I can empathize.   

Dunno what makes you say there's been no progress -- Chris' comment was a year ago, and lot has happened.  What hasn't happened is a formal release -- so if you want to see if/how this device functions, you'll need to install the 5.0.10 alpha firmware.  It's alpha - so things may not be perfect.  But a lot of us are running it, and quite enjoying the new functionality.  Again, I don't know if this device in this thread will work, but if you need to know, just load up the alpha version, and provide some feedback.

Archived