Smarthome Sale 11/25/2015

Techman

CyberMonday will probably be 22%.

Yup.  And the shipping deal will likely be better too. 

If there's one thing I've learned over the years of my HA build-out, it's that you ALWAYS wait until the last day of the Smarthome sale before making your purchase... :D  

Is anyone receiving multiple emails about the 20% off sale?!?! Smarthome has sent me four of the exact same emails just today and the last one just arrived?

I am hoping this is a subtle hint there aren't a lot of buyers and they will go full on and up the discount to 33% as they did that one year!

Yup.  And the shipping deal will likely be better too. 

If there's one thing I've learned over the years of my HA build-out, it's that you ALWAYS wait until the last day of the Smarthome sale before making your purchase... :D  

Hoping so!  Afraid they only changed the "black friday 20% off" to "cyber monday 20% off" this year..

Yeah, looks history may not repeat this year... That's ok, my order will keep until Christmas, and I'll hope for a better sale then...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Yeah, I am hoping XMAS will bring in the real sales like what was seen last year. I don't know what the actual discount was at that time (2014 XMAS) but the four packs were crazy cheap.

Leak sensors, micro switches, motion sensors etc.

I scooped up five sets of the 4 packs and had no regrets then because those sort of deals don't come along very often. Given the Canadian dollar is truly in the toilet at this point I may not partake in this years sale.

Boooo Booooo  . . . .

The 20% sale is from 11/25/15 through 12/01/15. So cyber Monday was covered.

I get daily email reminders of how many days are left. :-P

Got a new email tonight. Now the title was changed to Cyber Monday 20% Off sale.

Closer to 12/25/15 may see an additional sale or two.

Edited by Brian H

I was at Smarthome today and speaking to Elliot, he mentioned that they have caught on to other's idea of waiting until Cyber Monday to make their purchases. He also said they may have less sales like the one this weekend. Picked up a few items for a pretty good price.

Regards

Robert

I was at Smarthome today and speaking to Elliot, he mentioned that they have caught on to other's idea of waiting until Cyber Monday to make their purchases. He also said they may have less sales like the one this weekend. Picked up a few items for a pretty good price.

Regards

Robert

Really...  I wonder what Smarthome's Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales were compared to past years.  Down I'll bet.  Sounds like cutting off the nose to spite ones face...  

Well this could be a *good* thing I guess - it might be just the motivator I need to kick this habit.  My Insteon build-out is getting down to the "nice to haves" anyway, and I'm pretty sure I can find better things to do with my money than financing Joe Dada's bad business decisions...

Really...  I wonder what Smarthome's Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales were compared to past years.  Down I'll bet.  Sounds like cutting off the nose to spite ones face...  

Well this could be a *good* thing I guess - it might be just the motivator I need to kick this habit.  My Insteon build-out is getting down to the "nice to haves" anyway, and I'm pretty sure I can find better things to do with my money than financing Joe Dada's bad business decisions...

If I just need basic items like swithclincs or motion sensors, and in the absence of the legacy blockbuster sales, its better to buy at Menards. Like you, I am in the twilight of my Insteon installations given the current product mix.

Its become more practical to go brick and mortar by not paying waiting for shipping:

Legacy SH Sales+shipping < Menards <= Current Sales+shipping < Retail+shipping

Regards

Robert

Smart.. they "caught on" and lost out on a ~$500 sale since I was expecting something similar to last year to happen.

This is the first year in many that I have not bought anything from them during the sale.  I looked at my pile of failed devices and decided not to replace any.  I did buy a whole house surge (type 2) to install to see if that has any bearing on my device failure rate, but through Amazon.

Smarthome marked up or excluded anything worth ordering with the discount.  Egregious examples: Echo was marked excluded on the item page and the new Harmony Elite was marked up to $470.  WTF?

It would be nice if the 4 packs showed up again, though.

Edited by ScottAvery

This is the first year in many that I have not bought anything from them during the sale.  I looked at my pile of failed devices and decided not to replace any.  I did buy a whole house surge (type 2) to install to see if that has any bearing on my device failure rate, but through Amazon.

Smarthome marked up or excluded anything worth ordering with the discount.  Egregious examples: Echo was marked excluded on the item page and the new Harmony Elite was marked up to $470.  WTF?

It would be nice if the 4 packs showed up again, though.

Hello ScottAvery,

It should be noted that a Type 1 at the meter base or a Type 2 installed at the main service panel will not protect the home against the following line disturbances: Sag, Frequency Drift, Extended line voltage.

Type 1 & 2 SPD's will also not protect the home against lower voltage transients that are more common than ones people expect to see from a lightning strike. Also note a SPD will not protect the home when a loose neutral is present either.

Purchasing and installing a Type 1, 2, 3 SPD's are however a great investment and measured insurance for the home and the occupants. In all cases regardless of the technology in place the home should be fully insured properly to against loss and damages.

This is the only thing that will make you whole during a massive electrical event.

Most people are unaware that most transients (surge / sags) are generated from with in the home. These normally come from high current devices coming on such as: Sumps, HVAC, and anything that has a motor / compressor etc.

Extended line voltages are conditions that exceed 130 VAC most common electronics are able to sustain and operate with in 100 - 150 VAC but not all. This is why you have seen a drastic relaunch of Insteon devices that support 100 - 277 VAC power as it offers commercial use but the side benefit is that its purpose built to operate in those extreme line voltages.

If you took a common (older pre 100 -277) device and ramp'd up the voltage past 150 VAC the unit would burn up. The latest iteration of these devices are supposed to be more robust and capable of handing such wide voltage swings. They have also increased the surge resistance along with reduced the energy consumption on current product offerings.

Just some random feed back . . .

Ha

picked up enough to wipe out the NEXT two years of energy savings, but when the wife says she wants a module on this and a module on that and wants the Christmas trees to really work this year, well.. You make the wife happy right!??!!

Yes, though a little different implementation plan. I figure out what would be liked, do it, and then explain. We have 5 Christmas related items on lamplics. The have a schedule, but a keypad key activates them as well. It was well received, but explaining that concept in advance would have been a lot harder ;)

Though x10 never did a horrible job, Insteon gets it right every time.

Yes. again this year I discover my X10 plug-in modules cannot be reached by my PLM at the other end of my house.

I was hoping to save my On/Off modules for other decorator items but the X10 always allows a glow on the LED Christmas bulbs when off even with the appliance modules/