Smarthome Sale 11/25/2015

Techman

I'm starting to move to Aeotec zwave smart switch devices, since they report energy consumption as well as allowing the ISY to control them. The Smarthome sale was not good enough for me to justify this year's addition - they lost a sale from me.

This past year hasn't seen any big purchases from me, and this most recent sale was no exception - I'm expanding with z-wave, primarily, and picking up switchlincs and similar items at the local Menards store (I also grabbed some Insteon on/off switches and LED bulbs for a real bargain when the local Walmart clearanced them off).

The only item on my list from Insteon is a spare PLM - but I'm putting off that purchase as long as I possibly can in hopes that someday someone will find that elusive "All On" bug and fix it (if it happens that fixing it requires a new PLM, I'd rather not be stuck with an old spare -- oh if only Insteon devices could take firmware updates!)

The 2413S PLM was on the excluded from the sale list.

Not sure if they had a great sale volume or didn't have enough seasonal staff.

My first thought is. Lack of seasonal staff. Why cut into the profit margins.

My order from last Sunday was still listed as "Processing"  this morning. On items the sales page said In Stock will ship today.

Though who knows if they did have any of the refurbished On-Off modules they said they have.

Edited by Brian H

Well I got an email this morning. Shipped yesterday.

Now that I think of it. Maybe the use of PayPal to pay for the order. Added processing time.

No, its immediate to the vendor . . .

You're giving them too much credit for the slow shipping and processing. This has been seen every year for all major sales seasons going back at least five years for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Over the last few weeks. I have received a few exclusive for email registered customer sales offers.

Yesterday my luck was not too good.

Ordered a few of the refurbished On/Off module at $39.99 and the Alert Module.

Last night I found a limited time 20% off email for two or more of the new On Off Modules. 20% off the 49.99 new price is $39.992 rounded down to $39.99.

Of course the order was processed and on its way. When I read the email offer. :cry:

Refurbished don't have the I am not happy 30 day return privilege. Just a 30 day DOA exchange warranty.

Edited by Brian H

Over the last few weeks. I have received a few exclusive for email registered customer sales offers.

Yesterday my luck was not too good.

Ordered a few of the refurbished On/Off module at $39.99 and the Alert Module.

Last night I found a limited time 20% off email for two or more of the new On Off Modules. 20% off the 49.99 new price is $39.992 rounded down to $39.99.

Of course the order was processed and on its way. When I read the email offer. :cry:

Refurbished don't have the I am not happy 30 day return privilege. Just a 30 day DOA exchange warranty.

Yeah I received quite a few of those special offers some of which were really great. They had a BOGO for leak sensor I believe and also a discount price for the Amazon Echo with various Insteon hardware. At the bottom of each sales add was a 20% discount listing off what products were covered under the promo.

There was an error I saw on one listing and was only seconds of hitting the submit button until their IT guru's caught the mistake!

I could have made out like a freaking bandit as I had 4 of them in my cart!

6748575dbed139705dd81915ce4a4ec1.jpg

Edited by Teken