Smarthome offering Amazon Echo Deal

ppitkin

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has seen this but Smarthome is today offering a package deal on an Amazon Echo combined with an Insteon Hub for $179.99.

link can be found here: http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-amazon-echo-alexa-starter-kit.html

Only 1 per customer :cry:

The great thing about this for me is that Smarthome will deliver worldwide which means at long last I can finally get my Echo  (Amazon.com will only deliver it within the USA).

Looks also to be a reasonable deal with the hub retailing normally at 79.99.

Peter.

Have to admit that when I ordered this morning I didn't see anything on the website that said they wouldn't ship outside the USA. The system accepted my purchase with the Canadian billing and shipping address and had no problems charging me for the international postage. The order confirmation has come through and as yet (fingers crossed) I've had nothing come through saying the order has been cancelled.

As I'm British I guess I'll just have to start to learn all those horrible Americanisums as I'm assuming Alexa will not understand "proper" English :-P but as everything is likely to be "Alexa, tell ISY to....." I'm sure things will be fine.

To be honest I'm not interested in the hub. ISY does everything I need and I'm more than happy with "Alexa, tell ISY to..."

Is there anyone out there using and Echo outside of the US? Does Amazon check the IP address? Hoping not - but I do have a USA VPN set up on one of my routers so it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

After the initial price at $99 and the current sale, down from $199 USD alone I hope we will see the Echo price drop some in the near future.

Maybe after Christmas our Canuck buck will be somewhat better (if the Syrians demand it) and I may have more cash to play. :)

Yeah I have no use for a Hub either and with the Apple capture of their newer product nobody will want the old Hub used.

post-6186-140474164819_thumb.jpg The new Apple/SH logo

Well it looks like I might have been lucky. Just got the mail confirming shipment of my Echo :-P.

Keep us all in the loop if the entire system operates as expected because I held off due to the same concerns as everyone else. Meaning I didn't want to get a Echo and when the robot was checking my DNS / IP it noted I was in Canada and decided it wasn't going to connect to the Mother ship!

Archived