No remote connection

chago2013

I recently purchased a Nexus 6P (which runs Marshmallow) and have it on Project Fi.  I still have my previous phone, a Samsung S3, on Verizon, running on Android 4.4.2 or 3.

I installed Mobilinc on the Nexus and configured it the same as the Samsung phone.  The Samsung works fine both local (connected to my home's wi-fi) and remote.  I can also connect to the controller remotely using a browser on my work PC (so I know the URL/IP work).  The Nexus connects just fine to the controller when local, but it doesn't remotely, wi-fi or cell network.

I do use Tasker for some control tasks.  They run fine on the Samsung, not on the Nexus due to the connection problems.

I've tried a variety of things without luck, including playing with the "Aggressive hand off from wi-fi to cell" setting.  I vaguely recall this being an issue before, possibly something dealing Mobilinc not handling the transition from Wi-Fi to cell very well, but I don't remember for sure or how it may have been fixed.

Any ideas what I can check?  Thanks in advance!

P.S.  I posted this same message in the Mobilic forum.  My apologies if the dup violates protocol. :shock:

Hi chago2013,

Please make sure you are running that latest ISY firmware to address an Android 5 incompatibility when accessing the ISY over HTTPS (remote): http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/17075-release-4326-is-now-official/

http://mobilinc.com/support/commonquestions/

"I'm using Android 5.x and MobiLinc is unable to connect via a direct IP over HTTPS (externally) to my ISY."

Google removed many older HTTPS cipher methods from Android 5.x. As a result, the default security configuration of the ISY became unsupported by Android 5. Universal Devices released a firmware update for ISY-994i users here that addresses the issue. Please update your ISY firmware to 4.2.30 or later.

Wes

Archived