ISY994iZW

Amigo

I don't think it's published - or necessary to know. UDI wrote its own real time OS for its custom designed hardware.

It's like asking the CPU and ram of a clock radio - it doesn't matter. It just does its job very well.

I think it was mentioned once-upon-a-time that the CPU was 0.6-0.8 GHz .

In a previous life, I ran an X10 system that had as many devices and even had triggers based on an every second clock. It never experienced any slow downs from a CPU bound system that I could detect..

This system  ran on a super-duper 40 MHz (yes. 0.04 GHz !) AMD CPU.  I don't think being CPU bound is a problem for the ISY system.   Insteon comm congestion can tie the system up, slightly.  X10 coming and going out of the same PLM as Insteon, much more.

I tried to measure the speed at which ISY processed lines of code once, but failed, as routines run simultaneously on it's multitasking system and it's hard to nail down.

Anybody else manage to create a speed test program for ISY994i? Want to? :)

The reason I wanted to know, coming from commercial automation, those kind of specs normally gave a realistic idea of how far can the embedded box be pushed, node count, programs, graphics, etc. The embedded systems that I am used to also had a full on webserver where graphics (floor plans, etc.) would be served from the device, so CPU and Ram mattered.

If that does not make sense in this case, can you guys give a me some realistic numbers for a stable system, like how many z-wave devices can I realistically add to an ISY and how many programs can be run, before the hardware shows sign of strain? may be this is too generic of a question? 

Archived