All Off event

EricK

Fortunately I have not had an all on event in a while. I have followed the recommendations to prevent these and switched out my plm a week or two ago. However, tonight we had what is at least my second all off event. This seemed to occur immediately when I opened the door to our basement. There is a hidden door sensor for the door which is a scene controller for the lights going down stairs. The door sensor does not trigger a program. When the lights come on I do have a monitoring program that is used to light up a basement kpl button in the hallway. This way I can see if any of the basement lights are on by looking at the button.

Possibly at the same time I opened the door my wife walked into the pantry where there is a ms that turns on the pantry lights. There is no program involved, just a scene.

It was past sunset so I had to open the admin console to turn things on, such as landscape lights, and some lamps. I think I need to make a restore button that runs all programs with timers In the event of an all on or off event.

I have always used a program at 4:00 AM that turns every device off one by one with short Wait times between groups of them. I figure 4 AM nobody should be partying anymore.

I started this back in the 80s with my BSR X10 modules just in case an Off was missed that day. With Insteon reliability and LED bulb power ratings now this isn't so important but I still do it.

Archived