Mobilinc and ISYPortal

Bxsteez

Hello everyone,

Just a note that we found an issue with MobiLinc/Android and ISY Portal. We found the root cause and we're investigating the best possible fix.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel,

How does it look? Think a fix is likely in the near term?

Thanks

Hello all,

Benoit pushed a fix into production for MobiLinc/Android/ISY Portal. I have been testing it over the weekend and it looks very good.

Please retry and MAKE SURE that in ISY Portal/My Profile, you have your ISY listed in the Preferred ISY.

With kind regards,

Michel

This is not working for me yet.  I can switch over to DDNS and it does work so I don't believe anything on my phone is blocking it.

EDIT: whether or not the fact my ISY is not configured for port 443 has anything to do with it I don't know.  My gateway is Uverse 2Wire 3800hgv-b and I can't use that port

Jon...

The resolution for my connection issue...

Galaxy S4, Carrier=Verizon

Android v.5.0.1

Mobilicv2.01.

One of our customers has the same model and Verizon. Would you be kind enough to try:

1. Uninstall MobiLinc Pro (stop services before you do)

2. Reboot your phone

3. Install MobiLinc Pro

4. Retry

Thanks again UDI :)

Jon...

The resolution for my connection issue...

Galaxy S4, Carrier=Verizon

Android v.5.0.1

Mobilicv2.01.

Thanks again UDI :)

Jon...

This also worked for me.

Motorola Droid Turbo

Android 5.1

MobiLinc V 2.0.7

1. Uninstall MobiLinc Pro (stop services before you do)

2. Reboot your phone

3. Install MobiLinc Pro

4. Retry

I'm having a similar issue. Once I installed the portal, Mobilinc has ceased to connect to my ISY on both IOS and Android devices using Mobilinc Connect. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my iPad. After entering my Mobilinc Connect info I get a "Success!" message, but then it hangs during the "Syncing with ISY" step, and ultimately times out.   

I'm having a similar issue. Once I installed the portal, Mobilinc has ceased to connect to my ISY on both IOS and Android devices using Mobilinc Connect. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my iPad. After entering my Mobilinc Connect info I get a "Success!" message, but then it hangs during the "Syncing with ISY" step, and ultimately times out.   

You don't configure for "Mobilinc Connect" but for the Portal...

Use the the following settings...

Host Type = ISY

User Name = Portal Username (email address)

Password = Portal Password

Local http://= blank

Local Port = 80

Secure https:// = my.isy.io

Secure Port = 443

Connection Method = Secure Connection

Jon...

Once you install the UDI portal, the Mobilinc portal will not work. You can still use Mobilinc but you need to set your Mobilinc settings like this.

1. Host type = ISY

2. Https URL= my.isy.io

3. Https Port= 443

4. Credentials: your my.isy.io credentials

Mobilinc is now working on my iPad through the portal. Thanks. No luck yet on Android.

Have you tried this?

Uninstall MobiLinc PRO (force stop the service first)

2.       Reboot your phone

3.       Install MobiLinc PRO again making sure host is ISY and http IP is left blank

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I tried all these things and could never get Mobil Linc working on my Android. For the past 2 years I used it .. I upgraded to ISY Portal so I could use IFTTT and Echo, and at the point the Mobil inc stopped. I'm finding this app way to isolated and in a silo .. imho, stuff like this should "break" if you add something, etc. If it gets fixed, I might consider it again.

I tried all these things and could never get Mobil Linc working on my Android. For the past 2 years I used it .. I upgraded to ISY Portal so I could use IFTTT and Echo, and at the point the Mobil inc stopped. I'm finding this app way to isolated and in a silo .. imho, stuff like this should "break" if you add something, etc. If it gets fixed, I might consider it again.

If you relay the specific problems you're having it might help.  I use Mobilinc on my Android and it works fine both locally and via the ISY Portal so I imagine your problem has something to do with configuration. 

There are improvements that could be made like separate passwords for local and secure access but all in all it's a handy program.

Jon...

I think you may be confusing 'Mobilinc' (the app) and 'Mobilinc Connect' (the Portal service by the company 'Mobilinc').

Confused yet?

'ISY Portal' (the UDI Portal service that connects to Alexa) is incompatible with 'Mobilinc Connect' (since ISY can only make an outbound connection to one Portal service).

However, Mobilinc (the app) works fine against both the ISY Portal and directly against ISY.

I suspect you were using 'Mobilinc Connect' (the Mobilinc portal) and have not reconfigured Mobilinc (the app) to the new settings required for 'ISY Portal' to work with it.

No wonder people get mixed up!

I think you may be confusing 'Mobilinc' (the app) and 'Mobilinc Connect' (the Portal service by the company 'Mobilinc').

Confused yet?

'ISY Portal' (the UDI Portal service that connects to Alexa) is incompatible with 'Mobilinc Connect' (since ISY can only make an outbound connection to one Portal service).

However, Mobilinc (the app) works fine against both the ISY Portal and directly against ISY.

I suspect you were using 'Mobilinc Connect' (the Mobilinc portal) and have not reconfigured Mobilinc (the app) to the new settings required for 'ISY Portal' to work with it.

No wonder people get mixed up!

You aren't kidding. These naming conventions are horrible and confusing. Let me explain:

Old setup: ISY 994i with the MobilLinc app to control devices. I had my ISY setup via port forwarding and what not so I could access it. Everything worked fine. Inside my house and away, I used the app which was like $4/month I think.

I needed to have IFTTT for ISY integration with my ring doorbell. As a result, I had to buy ($49) the new ISY Portal. I purchased it and it worked fine. I could now leverage IFTTT.

In doing so, my app on my phone, mobillinc app, stopped worked. Just would never connect to my devices.  

So, I can only control the devices my logging into the portal on my phone and using it that way. Isn't a huge deal, but the app seemed to be a little easier by making favorites, etc.

Old setup: ISY 994i with the MobilLinc app to control devices. I had my ISY setup via port forwarding and what not so I could access it. Everything worked fine. Inside my house and away, I used the app which was like $4/month I think.

I needed to have IFTTT for ISY integration with my ring doorbell. As a result, I had to buy ($49) the new ISY Portal. I purchased it and it worked fine. I could now leverage IFTTT.

In doing so, my app on my phone, mobillinc app, stopped worked. Just would never connect to my devices.

So, I can only control the devices my logging into the portal on my phone and using it that way. Isn't a huge deal, but the app seemed to be a little easier by making favorites, etc.

You are still confusing things. Mobilinc (the app) is a one time purchase.

You describe $4 a month. That's 'Mobilinc Connect' - an optional subscription.

'Mobilinc Connect' will stop working when you add ISY Portal - and it will look like the app stopped. This is the situation you are in now. Mobilinc (the app) will keep working - but ONLY if you reconfigure it to use the 'ISY' connection profile instead of the 'Mobilinc Connect' connection profile.

Simply reconfigure the App (in settings) to connect to an 'ISY' (instead of 'Mobilinc Connect').

Hi Jeff and jam583,

If you haven't seen our updates, please know that our MobiLinc Connect service is now compatible with the Amazon Echo and IFTTT:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/18135-mobilinc-connect-supports-amazon-echo/

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/18137-mobilinc-connect-supports-ifttt-maker-channel/

What this means is that you can keep MobiLinc Connect portal installed in your ISY and setup the MobiLinc app to use MobiLinc Connect to connect to your ISY. Other features you get with MobiLinc Connect are:

- Dead easy anywhere access.

- Push Notifications (iOS)

- Today View widget support (iOS)

- Supports multiple ISYs

- Admin Console access via MobiLinc Connect

- Plus Amazon Echo and IFTTT.

If you are having any issues configuring MobiLinc and our MobiLinc Connect service, please email our support at: support@mobilinc.com with your ISY's UUID and we'll be happy to assist.

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff and jam583,

If you haven't seen our updates, please know that our MobiLinc Connect service is now compatible with the Amazon Echo and IFTTT:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/18135-mobilinc-connect-supports-amazon-echo/

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/18137-mobilinc-connect-supports-ifttt-maker-channel/

What this means is that you can keep MobiLinc Connect portal installed in your ISY and setup the MobiLinc app to use MobiLinc Connect to connect to your ISY. Other features you get with MobiLinc Connect are:

- Dead easy anywhere access.

- Push Notifications (iOS)

- Today View widget support (iOS)

- Supports multiple ISYs

- Admin Console access via MobiLinc Connect

- Plus Amazon Echo and IFTTT.

If you are having any issues configuring MobiLinc and our MobiLinc Connect service, please email our support at: support@mobilinc.com with your ISY's UUID and we'll be happy to assist.

Wes

So you DON'T need to choose between ISY Portal and MobilLinc Portal thingy?  Oh argh, I just spent $50 on the ISY Portal and deactivated the MobilLinc module because the ISY wiki said I had to use ISY portal to connect the Echo.

Sigh.

Archived