ELK Module Not Registering "Trouble" For Zones...

kevkmartin

Today, when I disarmed my ELK, It alerten me that Zone 147 (Loft Smoke Detector) was in a trouble state due to low battery.

I was surprised that the program I have on the ISY - which should have alreted me to the trouble Status - hadn't executed.

I logged in to the ISY; it shows "Normal" status for all zones.

Should I not expect the following program to run in this instance?

If

Elk Zone 'Loft Fire' is Trouble

Then

Resource ELK_Audio_Loft_Smoke_Trouble

<?xml version="1.0" ?><triggers><d2d><trigger><id>153</id><name>Loft Smoke Trouble</name><parent>131</parent><if><and /><elk><type>51</type><val>1</val><op>IS</op><zone>147</zone></elk></if><then><net><cmd>6</cmd><parm>155</parm></net></then><else></else><comment></comment></trigger></d2d></triggers>

Hi kevkmartin,

Please look at program summary tab and see whether or not the status is True and the last runtime. If false, then ISY never got the event.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michael.

It is not getting the event.

I can cnfirm that the ISY DOES get events from the ELK - as other programs that respond to arm, disarm, window and door opening, etc. DO work.

I am consistently getting the low battery trouble on the ELK itself, and would like to troubleshoot why the troubles aren't making it - it is me, or a general bug?

I'm running 5.0.2 - if that matters.

UPDATE:

When I CHANGED the battery this morning - because the smoke detector started beeping - the trouble program DID run when I removed the cover.

Apparently, removing the cover sends the TROUBLE signal, but "Low Battery" does not.

Should there be a different STATUS that reports to the ISY for low battery events?  I really like the idea of custom notifications when sensor batteries get low.

UPDATE:

When I CHANGED the battery this morning - because the smoke detector started beeping - the trouble program DID run when I removed the cover.

Apparently, removing the cover sends the TROUBLE signal, but "Low Battery" does not.

Should there be a different STATUS that reports to the ISY for low battery events? I really like the idea of custom notifications when sensor batteries get low.

That's good to know! Some of my sensors may be getting to a low battery state in the next few months...

Archived