Device list

bmercier

List looks really good.

I'd like to also control the above and under cabinet lighting,  If I understand correctly,  would need to get 'cabinet' added to the device list.

Thanks,

Ben

+1

Not sure how common these are:

task (in my kitchen these are upper/lower cabinet lights, with a KPL button labelled "Task")

"task lights"

"kitchen task lights"

hutch / china hutch

"china hutch lights"

niche / art / art niche

"living room niche lights"

"art niche lights"

"art lights"?

path

"path lights"

"backyard path lights"

bed

"bed lights"

"under bed lights"

groove

"Tell Izzy to turn the groove on"  8)

Not sure name prefixes should be there, because the list is going to get HUGE! If we are though, let's add:

Zoe's bedroom

Moms bedroom

Dads bedroom

Mom and Dad's bedroom

Master bedroom

Guest bedroom (The missing singular version)

(Can you guess what my Daughters name is?)

Would like to add waterfall. Although I can't get Alexa to recognize any device at present.

Add to the spoken field in notes a one or two word description for each device you want added (right click device in UI)

I've found including words like light or lamp won't work for the spoken field.

The skill will be updated in the near future improving the ability to define.

Ask Alexa... Alexa, ask Issy to refresh

Address Alexa.. Alexa, tell Issy to turn on (your spoken phrase)

Jon...

Cannot get Echo (Izzy) to control anything that begins with "computer." None of computer, computer room, computer light, computer lights, nor computer fans works. Alexa hears the word, "computer" but cannot find the device.

I have proof of concept and see the potential - and like what I see. But, i am having great difficulty in using anything but single word descriptors.  For example, "Right Pool Lamp" does not work at all. Was interpreted as "yes"???? Renaming it to "kitchen" and it works fine. Calling it simply pool works fine. It would be helpful to get an updated list of supported device names and whether any pre and post device names will work.

predevice:

all

device:

first floor

second floor

third floor

I'd like to do something like "turn off all basement lights" or "turn on all first floor lights".

I'm actually much more interested in getting the connected home integration than the skill, however. I don't really care too much for "alexa, tell izzy...". I'd much prefer something like "alexa, turn off.."

I added two scene names, "dining room light" and "dining room fan. "Alexa, ask Izzy to turn dining room fan on/off" works every time. So does "Alexa, ask Izzy to turn dining room light on." But,in response to "Alexa, ask Izzy to turn dining room off," Alexa responds with, "I could not find device dining room. Turn off which device?" Echo does hear the command correctly.

I have not had any success with turning the light off using the Echo, but not because of an ISY communication problem. Alexa can't find the device only when an off command is issued.

Edit: I posted in this topic because of the unusual response to device names.

I added two scene names, "dining room light" and "dining room fan. "Alexa, ask Izzy to turn dining room fan on/off" works every time. So does "Alexa, ask Izzy to turn dining room light on." But,in response to "Alexa, ask Izzy to turn dining room off," Alexa responds with, "I could not find device dining room. Turn off which device?" Echo does hear the command correctly.

I have not had any success with turning the light off using the Echo, but not because of an ISY communication problem. Alexa can't find the device only when an off command is issued.

Edit: I posted in this topic because of the unusual response to device names.

Stu,

Have you tried "Alexa, ask Izzy to turn off dining room" or replace "turn" with "switch"?

I haven't yet played with various names for the dining room devices as I have for the living room and bedroom. And yes, I've tried various requests such as tell and ask Izzy, turn/set/switch, relocating the command (e.g., turn on device/turn device on). Nothing works for switching/turning/setting the dining room light off. Everything works to turn it on. And the fan device has no difficulty with "dining room." Both scenes include a wired SwitchLinc dimmer as a controller. The fan is a 2476D and the light is 2477D.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Spoken: Alexa open izzy.

Alexa responds as desired

Spoken: Alexa tell izzy to turn on kitchen 

Alexa responds with: which device.

The alexa app shows the speech registered by Alexa as : Alexa tell is the turn on.

The first izzy is recognized fine and the second fails… 

Hello:

I am so glad you are doing this.  The only words I have got to work so far are --

Kitchen

Porch

Dining room 

Family room

(I note you say the single word "kitchen" did not work for you.) 

I would like to add quite a few single words if this is possible as they arfe easier to remember and good for some scenes - although could always append the word "light". 

Upstairs

Downstairs

Mister

Hallway

Arriving

BBQ

Fans

Evening

as well as 

Spa light

Pool light

Outside lights 

Garden lights

Garage lights 

Bedroom

Angela's study

Mike's study

Curtains

Drapes

Xmas lights

Emergency lights

Red light

Piano light

Breakfast light

Globe light

Table light

Perhaps if you have a limited number of words - then names like "Mike" could be omitted. 

Good luck and look forward to hearing when this is done. 

Mike

I have a number of insteon switches with names of rooms in the spoken fields. For example, kitchen. I frequently say, "Alexa tell izzy to turn on kitchen light". She responds with saying the spoken name "kitchen". My point is that you can still refer to a light as a light even though that's not the spoken name.

Also, Alexa understands upstairs for me.

Junky

I have a number of insteon switches with names of rooms in the spoken fields. For example, kitchen. I frequently say, "Alexa tell izzy to turn on kitchen light". She responds with saying the spoken name "kitchen". My point is that you can still refer to a light as a light even though that's not the spoken name.

Also, Alexa understands upstairs for me.

Junky

Right. The reason is that Alexa often skips words which are not on the device samples. So in that cases, it only passes "kitchen", and the skill can then make a match with your spoken "kitchen".

However, be aware that this is currently being enhanced, and in the next version, light will be recognized. So when this goes live, "kitchen light" will start to work, and the skill will not be able to find that spoken in your list of devices.

Benoit.

Archived