Hue Integration?

jkmonroe

Larry

1) is the "no" a no to the question whether or not you can trigger a hue scene as part of an ISY scene?

2) if the answer to that question is, in fact, no - how does one control hue devices then, once this network resource "connection" is made?

3) Via a program?

Larry

1) is the "no" a no to the question whether or not you can trigger a hue scene as part of an ISY scene?

2) if the answer to that question is, in fact, no - how does one control hue devices then, once this network resource "connection" is made?

3) Via a program?

Scenes are only an Insteon idea and done inside Insteon devices. Isy helps manage them, set them up, and control them.

My non-Insten devices are all controlled in programs calling Network Resources to spit out Ethernet codes as just another inline program line in an ISY program.

When everything has a nice 1-2 second ramp time differences are not noticed.

Larry

3) Via a program?

I'm pretty new to all of the isy stuff, so forgive me if I'm not getting the question.

I do it like this

I have a network resource called "turn hue Panda on"

http://[MYHUEIPADDRESS]/api/[MYUSERNAMEIMADEUP]/groups/0/action

{"on": true, "scene": "90960ac47-on-0"}

the scene number i got using the hue built-in api debug tool.

http://[MYHUEIPADDRESS]/debug/clip.html

I then have this program

if Control "scene switch button a" is switched on

Then

Resource 'set hue Panda on'

of course scene switch a is the controller for a scene called "Panda"

Thank you.  Very helpful.  I probably should just dig in and start playing with it and see what questions I have then.  But I do one other that will help me focus.

My non-Insten devices are all controlled in programs calling Network Resources to spit out Ethernet codes as just another inline program line in an ISY program.

So if I could do a rough guideline of the absolute monkey-typist basics...

1) You go to Configuration-->Networking-->Network Resources

2) Click Add

3) Enter all the stuff you need to enter to "reach" your Hue bulb (I'll figure that out with the existing stuff)

4) Once you've done that, you create a program

5) In that program, you select "Action" and then select "Networking" (and change "Wake on LAN" to "Resource")

6) I'm guessing at that point, the Network Resources I created in Step 1 will appear...

7) More stuff...which I will then figure out.

But is that about the basics?

Troy, I posted my question above at the same time you did.  But thank you.  That is helpful, also.

Thank you.  Very helpful.  I probably should just dig in and start playing with it and see what questions I have then.  But I do one other that will help me focus.

So if I could do a rough guideline of the absolute monkey-typist basics...

2) Click Add

3) Enter all the stuff you need to enter to "reach" your Hue bulb (I'll figure that out with the existing stuff)

4) Once you've done that, you create a program

5) In that program, you select "Action" and then select "Networking" (and change "Wake on LAN" to "Resource")

6) I'm guessing at that point, the Network Resources I created in Step 1 will appear...

But is that about the basics?

Troy, I posted my question above at the same time you did.  But thank you.  That is helpful, also.

Careful as "Program" is used to mean and ISY program here. You create  "Network Resource".

See post 18 and copy it, except to substitute in your own Hue hub IP address, and some numbers for the variable substitutions I used. The ones that look like this ${var,1,xx}.

After you can make the bulb do something, start playing with different numbers.

ALWAYS HIT SAVE!!!

Thanks for the advice.

But I wasn't quite sure what the caution was around "program"...

Careful as "Program" is used to mean and ISY program here. You create  "Network Resource".

Maybe I was a little vague in how I meant it.  Does this help?  I create the Network Resource here...

2) Click Add

Then, to access the Hue...

4) Once you've done that, you create an ISY program, just like any other ISY program we all make

Does that clarify it (and seem correct)?

Thanks for the advice.

But I wasn't quite sure what the caution was around "program"...

Maybe I was a little vague in how I meant it.  Does this help?  I create the Network Resource here...

2) Click Add

Then, to access the Hue...

4) Once you've done that, you create an ISY program, just like any other ISY program we all make

Does that clarify it (and seem correct)?

Looks correct AFAICT

I think the fact that there are isy scenes and hue scenes makes this conversation muddy at times.

Yeah, I just realised that when the Hue scene  came up. I  never use Hue scenes as I have ISY and can totally manipulate it easily.

Thanks for the nudge though. Need to specify which one in Hue conversations for sure.

I was able to follow the instructions above and use the debugger to get get my hue "name" and trigger a scene via a hue scene #.  I was able to test this info by running a put command on the debugger.  

I attempted to put the info into the isy as a network resource and trigger it with a then command but it didn't work.  

1) is there a better way to trigger a network resource that I'm not thinking of?

2) what am I missing in my set up for this network resource?

post-8104-0-76608000-1468969721_thumb.jpeg

I was able to follow the instructions above and use the debugger to get get my hue "name" and trigger a scene via a hue scene #.  I was able to test this info by running a put command on the debugger.  

I attempted to put the info into the isy as a network resource and trigger it with a then command but it didn't work.  

1) is there a better way to trigger a network resource that I'm not thinking of?

Take the "/" characters out of the IP address. Is that the IP address of your Hue Hub?

The rightmost box should look formatted  something like this

"/api/isy994user/groups/0/action" for  general setting action I use.

A field sample from my same Resource looks like this (for format style)

{"on":true, "bri":${var.1.69}, "sat":${var.1.71}, "hue":${var.1.70}, "transitiontime":40}

I am not sure your final parameter should have delimiters around it. '"'

Make sure you save everytime you open a resource, edited or not. Click the test button on the page.

yeah...those slashes need to go in the host.

also, since you get to pick your own username when making the connection, why did you pick such a long and crazypants name? Hkpkirk...etc  :)  doesn't matter, just curious.

I didn't pick my name I followed the instructions and that's what it said my name was... not sure where I can rename it.  It seems to be the internal code for the name or something. 

I WAS able to get the isy to trigger scenes and include the hue in that trigger.  works well.  

two more things I have to figure out - 1) how to modify and save scenes with the hue app and 2) how to send an all off signal to the hue. 

I didn't pick my name I followed the instructions and that's what it said my name was... not sure where I can rename it.  It seems to be the internal code for the name or something. 

I WAS able to get the isy to trigger scenes and include the hue in that trigger.  works well.  

two more things I have to figure out - 1) how to modify and save scenes with the hue app and 2) how to send an all off signal to the hue. 

ahhhh... I see here that they took away the ability to create your own usernames now...

/api/yourcrazyusername/groups/0/action   is the url for all lights and you simply pass

{"on": false}

In certain Network Resources, I use

{"on":true, "bri":${var.1.69}, "sat":${var.1.71}, "hue":${var.1.70}, "transitiontime":40}

see the  "transitiontime":40  ?

That will make all your colour and level changes ramp and fade slower so that multiple bulb changes all look like they happen at the same time.

The variable substitutions allow me to have only one "Hue Bulb Set Network Resource" that does everything, for each bulb, except Offs. Then you have to set the three variables to whatever colour, brightness, and saturation before each NR call.

Once UDI makes the variable substitution buffering time an option (in V5), there will only need to be one Network Resource to set all bulbs to anything you want.

So how does the variable substitution work? You set the various variables values in a program then invoke the one network resource in that program?

Yeah. See post #56 for the embedded Hue program lines, my style.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/19199-nodelink-support-for-milight-led-controllers/page-3

Note the colour is set with a Interger variable I use as constants, denoted by the $cXXXX. I define all my colours so I don't ever have to look up codes.

I can get the on to work pretty well...with this:

{"on": true, "scene": "e5BGKboEWftmRtg"}

I tried this for the off...and nothing happens:

{"on": false, "scene": "e5BGKboEWftmRtg"}

You can't do that. You can either name a custom group and send that group the "on","false" or you can create a new scene that uses all the same bulbs as your current scene, but with bulbs brightness at 0.

Thank you.  I got this part (and makes sense):

or you can create a new scene that uses all the same bulbs as your current scene, but with bulbs brightness at 0.

But this line confuses me:

You can't do that. You can either name a custom group and send that group the "on","false"

Why would a create a group -- and then why would the "false" work on the group?

Or are you saying "If you want to send the "on","false" command, that only works with groups...so your initial lighting arrangement must be created as a group and it can then be turned off as a group using the "false" flag?

Also, I don't seem to be able to create a scene in my Hue app with all the lights at zero. 1% is as low as it goes. I know I can create a "scene" in the ISY controlling individual lights. Is that what you are saying?

I think you would just create a scene where those bulbs are not active...I'd have to look more.

When I turn my hue lights off, I just use groups/0/ because I only have 6 lights and I want them all off.

But if you want some hue lights to stay on while others go off, create a group like is described here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25513992/philips-hue-how-to-create-group-for-user

Thank you. I got this part (and makes sense):

But this line confuses me:

Why would a create a group -- and then why would the "false" work on the group?

Or are you saying "If you want to send the "on","false" command, that only works with groups...so your initial lighting arrangement must be created as a group and it can then be turned off as a group using the "false" flag?

Correct, "on","false" is not for scenes.

I think you would just create a scene where those bulbs are not active...I'd have to look more.

When I turn my hue lights off, I just use groups/0/ because I only have 6 lights and I want them all off.

But if you want some hue lights to stay on while others go off, create a group like is described here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25513992/philips-hue-how-to-create-group-for-user

Again, I don't do it this way, I just always assumed I could if I wanted. I've been wrong before :)

Archived