MotionSensor last motion date

James Peterson

I would like to be able to see the last time a motion sensor was tripped.  Or maybe a back log of the last 5 action trips?  I know I can set this with a program, but I think this would be a very useful feature that all could find useful and with out have to do special setup.

Big Smile ...   Please......

If you don't want to set up a notification, then you don't have to. The log already contains each time a motions sensor is tripped.

I am thinking more towards the average consumer.  People don't want to have to look through logs to see what "MAY" have happened.  they just want to look at it at a glance and say "Hey!  the pool motion sensor was tripped last night.   But we aren't even home"  And I know you can set up triggers to do send out notifications.  I will again answer, your average daily untechnical person who just wants its to be easy and not have to learn the Admin Panel.

Is that not the point of the creation of this technology, to make our lives easier.  

Not so exact example:  My wife, software and mechanical engineer.   <-- Very smart.  Does not like to use the Admin Panel because it is not convenient.    It does a lot, but unless you work with it on a somewhat regular basis...  

I have a motion sensor under my deck to detect 'critter' movement and turn on a floodlight to scare them off. It sends an email which is auto filed in a folder. I can see what's happening and visually inspect if there is unusual activity.

Its very old school, but I spent very little time setting it up, one small program.  For something more recent, I've observed others here using a similar technique with network module and services like growl. 

I believe setting up a growl / prowl network resource that comes to a persons smartphone is by far the easiest method. Assuming you never clear the log from the application it will in fact keep that record forever.

I've done this on a global scale for awhile now so when I don't have the time to sort through 999999999999 pieces of e-mail this is a great at a glance method.

I know lots of people favor mail filtering and it works but again unlike Prowl / Growl its not the same.

I use Prowl to notify me if any of my 5 door sensors and a garage door I/O Linc are activated, along with locking/unlocking the Z-Wave Schlage BE469 on my front door. I love it however I do not see a way to filter on a single device. Am I missing something?

~Mike

No matter how you do it, the MS will not automatically send a message which seems what the OP is asking for.

I know I can set this with a program, but I think this would be a very useful feature that all could find useful and with out have to do special setup.

If it did, then that could be very annoying for the person who did not want a notification for every movement.

No matter how you do it, the MS will not automatically send a message which seems what the OP is asking for.

If it did, then that could be very annoying for the person who did not want a notification for every movement.

I'm not asking for a notification.  Just a field that can be viewed at will like when  a  function was last run.  see attached image:

post-4839-0-29891000-1452483491_thumb.png

Set up five to ten variables in ISY.

Create a program with the MS as a trigger

Shift all values in the five to ten down one and insert the current time  into top one

var10 = var9

var8 = var8

var7 = var7

var2 = var1

var1 = current hour

var1 x= 100

var1 += current minute

If you run v5.0.2 beta the current hour and minute are available

Multiple the hour by 100 and add the minute to the result. Seconds could be added the same way, if desired. The 32 bit variables will hold up to 10 digits, no problem without overflowing into negative values.

Now when you examine or send yourself a text message you will see the last five-ten times the MS triggered.

CPU time taken is insignificant. It's Insteon comm time that becomes precious and this doesn't use any.

Archived