Motion Sensor programming problem

Johns9149

I am trying to configure a MS to control a togglelinc dimmer switch   I want the MS to turn on the light at about 25% brightness when the MS detects motion from 11:30 pm to 5:15 am.  I want the light to stay on for about 2 minutes, then turn off.   I have created a scene that includes the MS and the togglelinc dimmer.  I then wrote the following program:

If
        On Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
        From     4:20:00PM
        To       5:20:00AM (next day)
    And Control 'Master Bed Room / Mstr Bedroom-Sensor' is switched On

Then
        Set Scene 'Master Bathroom / Mstr Bath Night Light' On

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

For 'testing" purposes, I made the program time from 4:20 pm to 5:15 am next day.  I will change it to the desired 11:30 pm once I have it all working correctly.

The MS is configured as:

Timeout (minutes)    1

LED Brightness        0        since this is to be used in a bedroom at night, I don't want any red blinking light

Darkness Sens        128

Sensing Mode:

checked -- as motion is sensed....

checked -- On only mode:....

checked - Night mode:.....

I realize I have yet to figure out how to set the timer for the 2 minutes.  However, as it is now 6:30 pm, I would think that if I waived my hand in from of the MS, that the Togglelinc should turn on.  It doesn't.  I have noticed that the "Current State" for the MS is blank --- not listed as ON or OFF.  What have I missed?  Any help would be very appreciated. 

A few points to consider to get the process started..  

Jumper 5 only should be in place.

The Motion Sensor is configured for Night operation which means it needs to be dark in the area the Motion Sensor "sees".  Since you are using a time range in the Program probably better not to set Motion Sensor for Night operation.

The Scene definition should have TriggerLinc Responder set  to 25% On Level.

The Program will trigger on Motion On within the time range assuming no Night mode.  Also will turn Off TriggerLinc 2 minutes after last Motion On received during time range.

If

Then

Wait 2 minutes

Set Scene 'Master Bathroom / Mstr Bath Night Light' Off   

Else

Since you already created a scene involving the two devices attempting to turn the light on between certain times will not work with a program like that.

"I have created a scene that includes the MS and the togglelinc dimmer."

The link is direct between devices and you cannot intervene by running a program, after the MS triggers..

Using Dark Only operation in the MS can stop the light completely but the brightness level will take a different program technique.

You can unlink the devices, removing the scene or  write different programs to preset the scene before the MS triggers it.

• 2 weeks later...

A few points to consider to get the process started..  

Jumper 5 only should be in place.

The Motion Sensor is configured for Night operation which means it needs to be dark in the area the Motion Sensor "sees".  Since you are using a time range in the Program probably better not to set Motion Sensor for Night operation.

The Scene definition should have TriggerLinc Responder set  to 25% On Level.

The Program will trigger on Motion On within the time range assuming no Night mode.  Also will turn Off TriggerLinc 2 minutes after last Motion On received during time range.

If

Then

Wait 2 minutes

Set Scene 'Master Bathroom / Mstr Bath Night Light' Off   

Else

Lee -

Thanks for the follow up and thoughts.  I just today logged back in to see if any comments and thoughts had been posted.  I made the changes that you suggested and will let you know how it goes.  thanks again

James

Archived