weather module

burakk

Hi,

I have a ISY99i with weather module, running 2.6.12. I have multiple programs monitoring the climate in my apartment, some of which use the out door climate data.

For example, I have a "it may snow program", which checks the humidty and the dew point outside every hour. If the dew point is below freezing, and the humidty is above 85%, the program sends me an e-mail:

If
       Time is Last Run Time for 'w - It May Snow' +  1 hour 
   And Module 'Climate' Dew Point <32> 85 %
   And Program 'flag - SnowTextSent' is False

Then
       Send Notification to All
       Run Program 'flag - SnowTextSent' (Then Path)

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The flag program is set to true, which avoids multiple notifications during the same day, and is reset to false again at 3AM by the query all program...

The problem is, the weather bug data is sporadic, not all the data is always broadcasted. In the absence of the data, I think ISY assumes the value is the last known value, and fails to trigger the program.

Any thoughts?

Burak

Hi Burakk,

Apologies for a VERY tardy reply; I must have missed your post.

Your assumption is correct but that's not our experience. The values should not be sporadic: ISY works based on change only. So, by the virtue of having the program check the status of last run time of another program, you are effectively saying that you don't care about what happens within an hour. May I humbly suggest the following:

1. Remove the time constraint (since last time)

2. Change the condition to include a range (for instance, due point between 82 and 87)

Please let me know.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi,

I have a ISY99i with weather module, running 2.6.12. I have multiple programs monitoring the climate in my apartment, some of which use the out door climate data.

For example, I have a "it may snow program", which checks the humidty and the dew point outside every hour. If the dew point is below freezing, and the humidty is above 85%, the program sends me an e-mail:

If
       Time is Last Run Time for 'w - It May Snow' +  1 hour 
   And Module 'Climate' Dew Point  85 %

Then
       Send Notification to All

Else

The flag program is set to true, which avoids multiple notifications during the same day, and is reset to false again at 3AM by the query all program...

The problem is, the weather bug data is sporadic, not all the data is always broadcasted. In the absence of the data, I think ISY assumes the value is the last known value, and fails to trigger the program.

Any thoughts?

Burak

I removed the time constrained as you suggested, and that works fine. What I cannot figure out is if the ISY assumes last known value or zero for missing data for the weatherbug feed...

If
       Module 'Climate' Dew Point <32> 80 %

Then
       Send Notification to All

Else

Hi Burak,

I have not yet seen WB messages with missing information in them. If you are referring to what you see in the event viewer, that's because ISY does not send events if the value has NOT changed. Again, WB sends all the information ALL the time.

With kind regards,

Michel

I removed the time constrained as you suggested, and that works fine. What I cannot figure out is if the ISY assumes last known value or zero for missing data for the weatherbug feed...

If
       Module 'Climate' Dew Point  80 %

Then
       Send Notification to All

Else

OOOHHHHHHH. That makes sense. Ok, in that case my programs should work as expected :)

Hi Burak,

I have not yet seen WB messages with missing information in them. If you are referring to what you see in the event viewer, that's because ISY does not send events if the value has NOT changed. Again, WB sends all the information ALL the time.

With kind regards,

Michel

If
       Module 'Climate' Dew Point <32> 80 %

Then
       Send Notification to All

Else

Archived