Honeywell RTH9580WF & ISY?

smokegrub

Hello everyone,

Honeywell is the only company that actually approached us to add support for their WiFi thermostats (Comfort API) and even sent us a thermostat immediately! Since the solution is cloud based, we are going to have to use the ISY Portal. This said, we are going to working on it shortly and as soon as 5.0.3 is available.

With kind regards,

Michel

Awesome, Michel. This will definitely make me a portal user!

Hello everyone,

Honeywell is the only company that actually approached us to add support for their WiFi thermostats (Comfort API) and even sent us a thermostat immediately! Since the solution is cloud based, we are going to have to use the ISY Portal. This said, we are going to working on it shortly and as soon as 5.0.3 is available.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel- Did they approach you for their new Lyric model or was it for the older Redlink thermostats via Redlink? This is a big difference.

Also if you have their ear maybe ask them if they will allow the ISY to control EVR ventilation in leu of the HVC20A1000/U

Wireless Vent and Filter Boost Remote with full access to the 180mins max time limit that is available on the thermostat but not on any of their wireless remotes. Found here -> https://www.forwardthinking.honeywell.com/products/wireless/wireless_products.html- This is a big deal for people who have EVRs like myself. We can't even use the Honeywell TCC website or mobile apps to control the EVR booster, it has to be done by the remote and max timeframe is 60mins when on the thermostat the max is 180mins. If you could mention that for even an update to their TCC apps and website would be awesome.

I thought when Michel said "Comfort API" that meant TCC?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You know what they say when you "assume" - thats why I specifically asked. I am not certain about anything when it comes to Honeywell :) Beta is open for Lyric and they are allowing devs access to APIs. I am not hear to bash or confuse the issue. Completely the opposite, I want to make sure Michel is specifically speaking about REDLINK and thermostats that use the Total Comfort Connect.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I see that Amazon Echo now supports Honeywell Total Connect Comfort.

Amazon Echo & Honeywell bring voice control to your connected home

Life just got smarter

We've got big news for you. Amazon Echo can now control your Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostat. Use Alexa, the voice service that powers Amazon Echo, to set the perfect temperature in your home by voice command. Simply say "Alexa, set my temperature to 72 degrees" and enjoy your home's comfort without having to lift a finger. Are you ready to bring the future to your home?

I will assume there might be a possibility to have the ISY control the Echo, which in turn can control Honeywell.

Add me to the long list of people who would love ISY integration with Honeywell.

I see that Amazon Echo now supports Honeywell Total Connect Comfort.

I will assume there might be a possibility to have the ISY control the Echo, which in turn can control Honeywell.

Add me to the long list of people who would love ISY integration with Honeywell.

Just tried this myself thanks for sharing. The thing is you can not turn on HEAT, AC or turn it OFF, this allows you to only change the setpoints in the current mode.

Archived