Leak Sensor problems

Davonavo

3 of 4 Leak Sensors now working. Interface with Insteon 2635-222 On/Off Module switching 12VDC to a piezio sounder. Placement through house and coverage underway. Steady On operation of sounder, even though I time it thru ISY, is a screamer. Would like to find  1 sec on, 1 sec off circuit to build or buy.  Trying to get this implemented while considering the WAF. Thanks to all.

You can write a program to do it.

If leak sensor wet on

Then

Repeat 3 times

on/off module on

wait 1 sec

on/off module off

wait 1 sec

Jon...

Then statement(s) will turn on, wait a second, then turn on again and repeat unless you stop it.

Then
        Repeat Every  1 second
        do what you want to do

A BuzzLinc can be used as an audible alert.

As Stu noted above a  BuzzLinc is a much better idea. Blinking and Insteon device on and off every second for a long time will tie up your Insteon network badly and cripple ISY's seeing and controlling power.

I bought a pulsing sonalert style beeper off eBay for a few bucks and hooked them to an I/O Link. It's loud enough I try to bury it behind some other junk in the room..

I created a series of programs from DefCon 1 to 5 that do various seriousness of beep and alerts, all based on one State variable.

To make a few second beeping sound I use this line from any program.

$sAlarm.level = 1

That's it.

$sAlarm.level = 3

would also send me a text message explaining the problem. It would also send my wife a text message apologising. :)

Looking for a sounder closer to the center of normal hearing range. Piezio buzzer is too high for me. The old X-10 ding dong was ok, except you grew to hate the melody it played. Could use a doorbell, but that would confuse the dog. A musical doorbell would be ok, but waking up to Hail, Hail, The Gangs All Here defeats the seriousness of the alarm. Something more 'Senior friendly.'

Archived