Duplicate connected devices

stusviews

I issued a voice command an received a message that there was more than on device with that name. The same message repeated when I tried anothe command. A view of the connected home device revealed that nearly every device in the list was duplicated. How can this happen?

I just checked my connected home device list in amazon alexa app and noticed there duplicates which were grayed out.  I'm assuming this has something to do with the newly implemented list coding in the portal?  Don't know if this is what you're talking about or not?

Jon...

Yes, seeing the same thing with duplicates in the Alexa application. Specifically I see lots of (off line) device and some where below is the same devices black and active?

Between the stupid application always crashing and starting back up not sure. Then, again not sure what the hell is going on with their TuneIn / iHeart radio either.

Plays fine for about 4-8 minutes than cuts off . . . 

A solution is to forget all device and groups (bottom of  list) and re-discover devices. I don't have any groups, but I suspect that they will all need to be recreated.

Devices imported through the discovery process gets assigned a device ID.

Previously, the device ID was simply the address of the device/scene/program.

Device IDs needs to be unique. Thefefore, with the introduction of the 5 spokens per devices feature, each devices IDs now have to have a sequence number.

Bottom line, yes, there will be duplicates if they are not forgotten before.

Does that mean that each time I add or change something in the portal that I need to forget devices before doing a discovery?

No no, just this time.

The only case where you may want to "forget devices" is if you remove spokens. Either if you remove a complete device with it's spokens, or if you remove some spokens on a device. In this case, they will be left in the list of devices. You may forget them individually, or forget all devices before doing a discovery.

If you simply let's say change an alternate spoken to something else, it will keep the sequence number and it will be updated in the CoHo device list.

• 1 year later...

No no, just this time.

The only case where you may want to "forget devices" is if you remove spokens. Either if you remove a complete device with it's spokens, or if you remove some spokens on a device. In this case, they will be left in the list of devices. You may forget them individually, or forget all devices before doing a discovery.

If you simply let's say change an alternate spoken to something else, it will keep the sequence number and it will be updated in the CoHo device list.

With the new iOS app, there is no way to forget devices, only to disable them. Is there another way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Chuck

Archived