Keypadlinc Dimmer LEDs

viglone

Good morning all…

My question relates to Keypadlinc Dimmer LEDs. I have read and tried many of the How-to examples in this forum but after exhaustive attempts to get the Keypadlinc Dimmer LEDs to indicate the current status of lighting, I need to ask for help.

I have three Keypadlinc Dimmers. One is located at my front door (8 buttons – V.29) and the other two are side-by-side in my home theater (6 buttons - V.29 and 6 buttons – V.26). My question would apply to each device and I will use the front door as my example.

I have the ISY-26. (V2.6.12)

Front Door Keypadlinc Dimmer:

A – All On

B – All Off

C – Pole & Dr

D – Porch Lts

E – Porch Outlet

F – Garage Lamps

G – Xmas Lts

H – Site Lts

None of these buttons are directly connected to the loads they indicate.

A – All On (Non-Toggle Mode) – When pressed, it is intended to turn on all the lights and light the button LEDs for C,D,E,F,G & H. It should also turn off the button LED for B. It is intended to have Button A also serve as a status indicator, with its LED illuminated only when all the lights are on and its LED turned off when any of the lights are off.

B – All Off (Non-Toggle Mode) – When pressed, it is intended to turn off all the lights and turn off the button LEDs for C,D,E,F,G & H. It should also turn off the button LED for A. It is intended to have Button B also serve as a status indicator, with its LED illuminated only when all the lights are off and its LED turned off when any of the lights are on.

C – Pole & Dr (Toggle Mode) – The Pole and Dr Lights have their load directly controlled by an In-LineLinc Relay V.2A (2475S) located in the basement. Button C remotely controls these lights (via the In-LineLinc Relay). These lights are also included in a Schedule Program – turning them on at sunset and turning them off at sunrise. It is intended to have Button C not only remotely control these lights, but also serve as a status indicator, with its LED illuminated any time the lights are on and its LED turned off when the lights are off.

D – Porch Lts (Toggle Mode) – This is similar to Button C.

E – Porch Outlet (Toggle Mode) – The porch outlet has its load directly controlled by a ToggleLinc Relay V.29 (2466S) located in a nearby hall closet. Button E remotely controls this outlet (via the ToggleLinc Relay). This outlet is also included in a Schedule Program – turning it on at sunset and turning it off at 11pm. Similar to Button C, it is intended to have Button E not only remotely control this outlet, but also serve as a status indicator, with its LED illuminated any time the outlet is on and its LED turned off when it is off. (The status LED on the ToggleLinc Relay should also indicate the status of the outlet)

F – Garage Lamps (Toggle Mode) – This is similar to Button C.

G – Xmas Lts (Toggle Mode) – The Christmas Lights are directly controlled by several LampLinc devices (2456D3) - various versions: V.00, V.28 & V.33 and the Porch Outet (See Button E). These devices are also included in a Schedule Program – turning them on at sunset and turning them off at 11:45pm. Similar to Button C, it is intended to have Button G not only remotely control these devices, but also serve as a status indicator, with its LED illuminated any time these devices are on and its LED turned off when they are off.

H – Site Lts (Toggle Mode) – This button is currently reserved for future site lighting.

I would appreciate any help in getting me though this dilemma.

Thank you.

C to H are easy enough.

C, D, F:

Create a new scene for each button.

Add the responders (In-LineLincs) to the appropriate scenes.

Add the buttons to the desired scenes as controllers.

Use your schedules and other programs to change the scenes, not the responders.

E:

Create a new scene.

Add the ToggleLinc Relay as a controller.

Add button E to the scene as a controller.

Use your programs to change the scene.

G:

Create a new scene.

Add the LampLincs and the ToggleLinc Relay as responders.

Include the button in the scene as a controller.

Use your programs to change the scene.

Note that you can use different levels and rates using the ISY as a controller (for your schedules) and using the buttons or switch as a controller.

A & B will take more brainwork.

Rand

Thanks for the quick response.

Before I begin doing as you suggested, I have the KP buttons configured as Controllers already. I therefore cannot (as the system will not allow it) make them Controllers in a scene. It appears they can only be a Contoller one time.

Suggestions?

If I understand your question you want to be sure the KPL LEDs indicate the status of the lights when your schedule changes the lights. And the buttons are already in scenes as controllers to those lights.

You need to change your programs so they control those scenes instead of the individual devices.

If you like you can create new scenes with the buttons a responders so they can be controlled by your programs.

Rand

Thanks for the quick response.

Before I begin doing as you suggested, I have the KP buttons configured as Controllers already. I therefore cannot (as the system will not allow it) make them Controllers in a scene. It appears they can only be a Contoller one time.

Suggestions?

What scenes are they currently controlling? You are right that they can only be a controller for one scene, but based on what you have posted you only need one scene to make each one work, and it should be configured as Rand has stated.

If you create additional scenes and make them responders, this would work as well...but not nearly as neatly as he has shown here. I would also double check to make sure that your programs are turning off and on the scene as he has said...this one caught me before. If you directly reference the device in your program, the KPL buttons will not update.

A and B are a bit tougher as Rand said but I would just create an All On scene and add all the devices and their KPL buttons to it as responders. This takes care of turning everything on (or off) when you press Button A or B. You then have to create a scene with just that button (either A or B) as a responder (no controller necessary) and then use a program that checks the status of each device to see if it "Is Not Off" Then Set Scene ButtonALight On for example:

If Status Light1 Is Not Off

And Status Light2 is Not Off

And Status Light3 is Not Off

Then Set Scene KPLButtonALight On

Else Nothing

Hopefully I make sense with this...if not, I will try and be more clear with another post.

Eric

Archived