Release 2.6.13 beta is now available

Michel Kohanim

Thanks Michel

That corrected the issue and here are my observations:

1. After doing the reset of the motion sensor be sure to wait about 3 minutes before attempting the link. See Insteon set-up instructions.

2. This link takes a lot longers to link than in prior versions (just an observations). The mistake I made was to start the link and walk away. What I discovered was that because of the time required for the link the motion sensor when out of communitcaitons mode. I had to put it back into link mode three time before it finished. So be sure to monitor the linking and put the device back into linking mode if it goes out prior to finishing.

3. This is just a questions and I know the update is beta, I bought into being on the "bleeding edge". In furture releases will it be necessary to relink your motion sensors each time there is an update?

Michel - Great product and 5 star support, thanks for all your hard work.

The Remote Linc shows up in the device tree just like any other device. What problem are you having with it? Are you not able to get it to link at all?

gregoryx

All you have to do is to make sure your RL is in programming mode continuously and while ISY is trying to program it. So, make sure you check your RL every 4 minutes or so to make sure it's still in programming mode IF and ONLY IF ISY is still programming it.

Hmmm... okay... maybe it's working, then. It only takes a minute or so for the progress bar to go away and the solid light on the RL goes back to flashing. Does that mean it's done? If so, where is the device represented in the UDI console software? How do I link it to things in the software?

Correct. Not showing in the device tree at all. It is Rev 0.92 if that matters. It's pretty clear that ISY is talking to it - and appears to finish doing so... but nothing shows in the tree. :(

Hi Percy, thanks so very much for the vote of confidence. The short answer to your question is NO. The longer version is: it depends on SH deciding to change device categories/subcategories (has happened twice already) on their own without notifying developers.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel

1. After doing the reset of the motion sensor be sure to wait about 3 minutes before attempting the link. See Insteon set-up instructions.

2. This link takes a lot longers to link than in prior versions (just an observations). The mistake I made was to start the link and walk away. What I discovered was that because of the time required for the link the motion sensor when out of communitcaitons mode. I had to put it back into link mode three time before it finished. So be sure to monitor the linking and put the device back into linking mode if it goes out prior to finishing.

3. This is just a questions and I know the update is beta, I bought into being on the "bleeding edge". In furture releases will it be necessary to relink your motion sensors each time there is an update?

Hello again!

A stupid question: are you sure it has not already been added?

If you don't mind, please do be kind enough to do the following:

1. Factory reset your RL

2. Turn on the Event Viewer at level 2 (Tools->Diagnostics->Event Viewer)

3. Add it to ISY ; make sure you check your RL lights for activity every 3 minutes

4. Send us the resulting log (support@universal-devices.com)

Thanks so very much and with kind regards,

Michel

The Remote Linc shows up in the device tree just like any other device. What problem are you having with it? Are you not able to get it to link at all?

gregoryx

All you have to do is to make sure your RL is in programming mode continuously and while ISY is trying to program it. So, make sure you check your RL every 4 minutes or so to make sure it's still in programming mode IF and ONLY IF ISY is still programming it.

Hmmm... okay... maybe it's working, then. It only takes a minute or so for the progress bar to go away and the solid light on the RL goes back to flashing. Does that mean it's done? If so, where is the device represented in the UDI console software? How do I link it to things in the software?

Correct. Not showing in the device tree at all. It is Rev 0.92 if that matters. It's pretty clear that ISY is talking to it - and appears to finish doing so... but nothing shows in the tree. :(

Thanks for the reply and I understand what you mean and that you have not control over changes SH makes. But I have then back up and running and in the process of testing again.

One thing I have noticed is that it takes a day or so for the motion sensor to settle in, in other words to provide consistent motion indication. And my guess is it has nothing to do with software.

Hi Percy, thanks so very much for the vote of confidence. The short answer to your question is NO. The longer version is: it depends on SH deciding to change device categories/subcategories (has happened twice already) on their own without notifying developers.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel

I tried to create a scene/group in this version, and it will not let me make any changes (defaults to 9 minute ramp with 0% on level and other misc. values). If I attempt to make a change, it says, "Request Failed". If I try to change the same light in a scene I created in another version, it changes just fine. I've tried deleting and recreating several times and also tried "Apply changes to all devices", which also fails (multiple times). I do have 1 light in the group that will allow changes... I have no idea what's different.

I was going to blink lights on & off at midnight - but I guess not now. lol

Hello CJVann,

We'll try to get it to work by tomorrow night!

Please do be kind enough to try the following:

1. On the devices that fail, please right mouse click and choose Restore Device. If this does not work, please:

2. Go to Link Management -> Advanced Options -> i1 Only

If #2 works, please provide me with the:

1. Device Type

2. Device Version

3. On the back of the device (if you have access), you will see 3 labels. Please provide me with those

I will provide this information to SmartHome for troubleshooting purposes.

With kind regards,

Michel

I tried to create a scene/group in this version, and it will not let me make any changes (defaults to 9 minute ramp with 0% on level and other misc. values). If I attempt to make a change, it says, "Request Failed". If I try to change the same light in a scene I created in another version, it changes just fine. I've tried deleting and recreating several times and also tried "Apply changes to all devices", which also fails (multiple times). I do have 1 light in the group that will allow changes... I have no idea what's different.

Please do be kind enough to try the following:

1. On the devices that fail, please right mouse click and choose Restore Device.

Still shows "Request Failed" although it restored fine and the device shows it's being controled by the scene.

If this does not work, please:

??? I don't have that option. Under Link Management (V2.6.13), I have:

Start Linking

Link a ControLinc

Link a RemoteLinc

Add button to IRLinc

Add sensor to EZSnSRF

Add X10 Device to EZX10RF

New Insteon Device

New Scene

when i'm using the admin console and switch between programs or different program components, the "add to program" section does not refresh. For example the pull down menus do not refresh when I change the options from Insteon to Program etc. I tried opening new browser and clearing java cache but the problem continues. If I reset the ISY then it goes back to normal...

I've been having intermittent issues trying to add, restore, adjust devices. Seems like my admin console loses some connection to ISY. I've had to close the console and reopen. To clear it up temporarily.

If you don't have the advanced options it seems like the update didn't go too well. I'd try clearing the Java Cache, close then reopen the browser. If that doesnt work I'd try and update 2.6.13 again and see if you get the advanced options.

Well Jim, you're not the first to tell me I'm missing something, but under "Help, About" it says "...Insteon_UD99 v.2.6.13". My Link Management does not show what yours does though.

I tried downloading 2.6.13 again from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip and "Manually Upgrade My Lighting", but it says, "Upgrade Failed: Invalid or incompatible upgrade file"

The link you are showing there is for the ISY-26 not the ISY-99. The 99 version is below that in the post.

Did you clear your Java Cache after upgrading the firmware? It sound like the firmware updated, but you are running the older version of the console.

Right click on the little Java Icon down on the right and goto Console. Then, close down all Internet Explorer (or whatever browser you are using) windows. Then under "Tempory Internet Files" in the console, click setting and delete the temp files.

Well Jim, you're not the first to tell me I'm missing something, but under "Help, About" it says "...Insteon_UD99 v.2.6.13". My Link Management does not show what yours does though.

I tried downloading 2.6.13 again from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip and "Manually Upgrade My Lighting", but it says, "Upgrade Failed: Invalid or incompatible upgrade file"

Hopefully this corrected your original problem as well?

Ugh, yes, I was trying to install the wrong update. At least we know it won't accidently install! Thanks!!

I've reinstalled, and now have Advanced Options.

Okay - I reinstalled 2.6.13 & cleared Java Cache, and was able to set the "i1 Only" option. I am still unable to change ramp rate or on levels ... hum. I also tried doing a restore device again with the new 2.6.13 install, but no change. ISY can control the device(s) okay otherwise.

FYI - I am now switching Advanced Options back to 'Automatic'.

At least you have that option now. I'm pretty sure there were earlier (pre final release) 2.6.13 drops that did not have the Advanced option yet. These were made available for testing, but were not yet official.

Jim H.

At least you have that option now. I'm pretty sure there were earlier (pre final release) 2.6.13 drops that did not have the Advanced option yet. These were made available for testing, but were not yet official.

Jim H.

Well 2.6.13 is not "official" either. Several errors have already been discovered. The last official release is v.2.6 The last most stable beta was 2.6.7, IMHO.

That said, Automatic is working well here. If you have a backup Restore ISY could help you get going again. Downgrading is always an option as well. Restore ISY should definitely be used when downgrading.

I will post a Flash Lights program in the How-Tos, I like that idea!

Edit:

Here it is.

Rand

I'm pretty sure there were earlier (pre final release) 2.6.13 drops that did not have the Advanced option yet. These were made available for testing, but were not yet official.
That would be the problem then! I got the link from a post. I "assumed" that since the version numbers were the same that they were the same version. Thanks for the info, that makes me feel better (worrying about the ISY going corrupt).

Well 2.6.13 is not "official" either. Several errors have already been discovered. The last official release is v.2.6 The last most stable beta was 2.6.7, IMHO.

Yes it is - It's an official BETA. There were previous 2.6.13 drops that were linked in a post, but not posted as an official beta. It had several iterations before being posted in "Announcement: Release 2.6.13 beta is now available". I believe the early 2.6.13's did not have the "Advanced" option.

The point is, there were more 2.6.13's previous to the officially "Announced" one.

Jim H.

So is everyone else able to create a group and adjust the level & ramp rates with this version? I can adjust "old" groups just fine, but any newly created group only allows maybe 2 of 10 lamp modules/switches to be changed without a Failed message.

Did you download and install the correct version now from here:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=2030

and do the whole clear cache, reinstall the firmware, clear cache thing?

Yes, I am running the version from the above link with my 99i/Pro and don't get any failed messages.

So is everyone else able to create a group and adjust the level & ramp rates with this version? I can adjust "old" groups just fine, but any newly created group only allows maybe 2 of 10 lamp modules/switches to be changed without a Failed message.

Archived