Release 2.6.13 beta is now available

Michel Kohanim

How about a maybe :)

We hope so. We believe the new firmware will certainly be improved but it will, of course, require more testing to see if it fixes scenes with v4.x SwitchLincs.

Rand

So is it safe to buy a 4.0 Switchlinc Dimmer v.35? :?:shock:

How about a maybe :)

We hope so. We believe the new firmware will certainly be improved but it will, of course, require more testing to see if it fixes scenes with v4.x SwitchLincs.

Rand

So is it safe to buy a 4.0 Switchlinc Dimmer v.35? :?:shock:

Sure - I have about 25 for sale! PM me if interested! LOL :twisted: Honestly I would wait until this gets ironed out.

Illusion,

Thanks so very much for the feedback and it is already on our list of todos.

RLIKWARTZ and huddadudda,

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience. This endeavor must be quite frustrating and we are doing everything we can to find answers. Now, as far as answers:

1. Burak's issue is completely unrelated. That bug has to do with ISY becoming 100% unresponsive

2. We have found the following pattern of issues:

a. Newer SWLs/KPLs do not work reliably in scenes. This is not i1/i2 related since restoring them in either mode has no noticeable impact

b. Newer LampLincs/ApplianceLincs (v31+) have related scene issues where they turn on with a noticeable delay. Restoring has no impact

c. RemoteLincs eat up the battery if programmed in i2 mode ... this has been identified by SH and fixed

d. In large installations, it seems that links at higher addresses do not report device statuses. We have not been able to reproduce it since we do not have a very large installation

For 2, we are working very closely with SH to identify the root cause. I can assure you that SH is working diligently on resolving all these issues.

As we all want a reliable system, may I humbly suggest that, collectively, we help SH in resolving these issues?

This exercise will entail the following activities:

1. Sending one or two of your troubled switches to a designated person at SH and getting replacement units

2. Describing at high level your topology ... the number of access point, signalincs, filterlincs, devices, and your PLM's firmware version

Your continued feedback, help, and support is very much appreciated.

If you are interested - please send me an email (tech@universal-devices.com) with your contact information.

Thanks again for all the great feedback and information.

With kind regards,

Michel

I currently have 490 links in the PLM.

I have lots of filter Lincs.

I have 2 APs.

I have a Remote Linc.

I don't have a clear problem device; but I have odd scene stuff starting to show... and I'm only a couple miles from SH HQ.

Lemme know how I can help.

Devices:

ApplianceLinc (2456S3)

v.23 1

Icon On/Off Switch (2876S)

v.60 1

Icon RemoteLinc (2843)

v.00 1

INSTEON Motion Sensor (2420M)

v.00 1

KeypadLinc Dimmer (2486D)

v.26 2

v.29 5

v.2D 8

LampLinc (2456D3)

v.28 1

SwitchLinc Dimmer (2476D)

v.24 10

v.35 21

SwitchLinc Dimmer (2476DH)

v.28 1

KeypadLinc Dimmer 8 Button (2486DWH8)

v.2D 1

Grand Total 53

Hello gregoryx,

Thanks so very much. Would you be kind enough to describe what you are experiencing and whether or not it's isolated to some devices only.

With kind regards,

Michel

I currently have 490 links in the PLM.

I have lots of filter Lincs.

I have 2 APs.

I have a Remote Linc.

I don't have a clear problem device; but I have odd scene stuff starting to show... and I'm only a couple miles from SH HQ.

Lemme know how I can help.

Devices:

ApplianceLinc (2456S3)

v.23 1

Icon On/Off Switch (2876S)

v.60 1

Icon RemoteLinc (2843)

v.00 1

INSTEON Motion Sensor (2420M)

v.00 1

KeypadLinc Dimmer (2486D)

v.26 2

v.29 5

v.2D 8

LampLinc (2456D3)

v.28 1

SwitchLinc Dimmer (2476D)

v.24 10

v.35 21

SwitchLinc Dimmer (2476DH)

v.28 1

KeypadLinc Dimmer 8 Button (2486DWH8)

v.2D 1

Grand Total 53

Illusion,

a. Newer SWLs/KPLs do not work reliably in scenes. This is not i1/i2 related since restoring them in either mode has no noticeable impact

b. Newer LampLincs/ApplianceLincs (v31+) have related scene issues where they turn on with a noticeable delay. Restoring has no impact

c. RemoteLincs eat up the battery if programmed in i2 mode ... this has been identified by SH and fixed

d. In large installations, it seems that links at higher addresses do not report device statuses. We have not been able to reproduce it since we do not have a very large installation

For 2, we are working very closely with SH to identify the root cause. I can assure you that SH is working diligently on resolving all these issues.

As we all want a reliable system, may I humbly suggest that, collectively, we help SH in resolving these issues?

1. Sending one or two of your troubled switches to a designated person at SH and getting replacement units

2. Describing at high level your topology ... the number of access point, signalincs, filterlincs, devices, and your PLM's firmware version

If you are interested - please send me an email (tech@universal-devices.com) with your contact information.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Your description of the communications issues exactly describes my issues.

My installation:

4 access points

PLM firmware E.DC.9 v72

PLM has 840 links.

I have four Filterlinks for lamps/etc where I was worried about noise

The Switchlinks are v.35, Keypad links are v.2D, lamplinks are v.33

I don't know the count of my devices, many dozen.

All of the equipment was purchased recently.

Cheers!

to_lighter,

Thanks so very much. I am going to contact you shortly for next steps.

With kind regards,

Michel

Illusion,

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Your description of the communications issues exactly describes my issues.

My installation:

4 access points

PLM firmware E.DC.9 v72

PLM has 840 links.

I have four Filterlinks for lamps/etc where I was worried about noise

The Switchlinks are v.35, Keypad links are v.2D, lamplinks are v.33

I don't know the count of my devices, many dozen.

All of the equipment was purchased recently.

Cheers!

Hello gregoryx,

Thanks so very much. Would you be kind enough to describe what you are experiencing and whether or not it's isolated to some devices only.

With kind regards,

Michel

Sorry for the delayed response; I wanted to be sure I wasn't just losing my mind on this.

As I've posted, I recently replaced almost everything I had with the newer devices. I figured any issues I'd seen - since they were intermittent - must be noise related, so I bought a bunch of Filterlincs and went after things that had not been a problem in the past and started filtering them again (as I had not done since X10 days).

Other than DOAs, the new devices had been more reliable than the old ones - which were often working in a scene but the paddles were dead or dead-ish. Initially, all was well and I figured - I didn't get any of these bad ones everyone is complaining about.

Now, that has changed. Things that were working in simple groups are spotty and when removed from a group can not be re-added. They still control from ISY perfectly but can not even join a group that ISY is the sole controller on.

As an example, I have one 4-gang box with three SWL v.35 switches and a KPL-8 v.29. Two of the SWLs will not join a group controlled solely by ISY but the other two devices will. Suspecting noise and knowing it seems higher when there are other devices on, I've tried multiple times of day and such... but these two don't seem to want to join the group.

I also have groups that seem to be "deteriorating" where the "flashing lights on the controller" (if you know what I mean) started happening and don't seem to be getting better but worse.

I'll start doing the default and restore thing and I'll go all i1 and leave out the RemoteLinc from anything suspect this time; but I'm thinking my devices have some variation of this disease.

:cry:

Post-script: ok... weird... I removed the Remote Linc from things and went to i1 only and those two devices described above link promptly and well now. The Remote Linc didn't have any enrollment in that scene. Go figure. :roll: I'm going to go back and see if any of the other weird things are better or worse.

On a related note, is there any reason to believe this may affect ISY configuration? In trying to deal with these problem devices, I'm now seeing scenes that I know were there a day ago no longer exist. Is it possible that my recent changing of scenes and restoring of devices in chasing this bug is causing me to lose ISY scenes as well? :shock:

EDIT: yeah... that's a nearly 100% sad fact at this point. I've got scenes missing and empty that were valid and working a day ago. :cry:

Hello gregoryx,

What do you mean by missing scenes? They are no longer in the node tree (to your left)?

With kind regards,

Michel

On a related note, is there any reason to believe this may affect ISY configuration? In trying to deal with these problem devices, I'm now seeing scenes that I know were there a day ago no longer exist. Is it possible that my recent changing of scenes and restoring of devices in chasing this bug is causing me to lose ISY scenes as well? :shock:

EDIT: yeah... that's a nearly 100% sad fact at this point. I've got scenes missing and empty that were valid and working a day ago. :cry:

Correct. The scenes are no longer in the tree. I also have at least one scene that no longer has any devices in the scene at all - it has tens of them a couple of days ago. If I might have accidentally deleted a scene or two (which I did not), I most certainly did not accidentally remove tens of devices from a scene. Ugh.

BTW, I reported a few days ago that I had over a hundred links reporting in the ISY; it's now a hundred less. I'm not sure where they all went; but I don't recall removing a hundred links. :roll:

gregoryx,

This is a cause for a lot of concern for [at least code wise] you either have scenes or don't. i.e. if anything fails, then you will have no scenes whatsoever. As such, is it possible that you tried restoring an older backup?

If not, please do be kind enough to try and remember the events just prior to this situation. Any hint would be extremely appreciated.

With kind regards,

Michel

Correct. The scenes are no longer in the tree. I also have at least one scene that no longer has any devices in the scene at all - it has tens of them a couple of days ago. If I might have accidentally deleted a scene or two (which I did not), I most certainly did not accidentally remove tens of devices from a scene. Ugh.

BTW, I reported a few days ago that I had over a hundred links reporting in the ISY; it's now a hundred less. I'm not sure where they all went; but I don't recall removing a hundred links. :roll:

Hi All,

Here's the link to the long awaited 2.6.14:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=2251

Please note that no more enhancements will be added to the next release (hopefully it will be the official one). So, please do be kind enough to test and make sure all functions work properly.

Thanks so very much,

With kind regards,

I had a 2440 remotelinc under 2.6.5 I returned it as it was burning through batteries. Today I received my replacement RL. I am now running 2.6.13 and I cannot add it to the device list.

I goto Link A RemoteLinc, it tells me to put it into programming mode

-Then it comes up with a window asking me for the Address... there is no address sticker on it... I have never seen one on the old ones and there are no address stickers on the 2 i got today.

I saw where Gergoryx looked to have a similar problem and he did a factory reset on it. I did this and still no luck.

How do I link my RL's now?

thanks

RF_Burns,

First of all, before attempting anything else, please upgrade to 2.6.14 so that, at the least, we all have the same point of reference.

You can find the address in the battery compartment. Please do let me know.

With kind regards,

Michel

I had a 2440 remotelinc under 2.6.5 I returned it as it was burning through batteries. Today I received my replacement RL. I am now running 2.6.13 and I cannot add it to the device list.

I goto Link A RemoteLinc, it tells me to put it into programming mode

-Then it comes up with a window asking me for the Address... there is no address sticker on it... I have never seen one on the old ones and there are no address stickers on the 2 i got today.

I saw where Gergoryx looked to have a similar problem and he did a factory reset on it. I did this and still no luck.

How do I link my RL's now?

thanks

gregoryx,

This is a cause for a lot of concern for [at least code wise] you either have scenes or don't. i.e. if anything fails, then you will have no scenes whatsoever. As such, is it possible that you tried restoring an older backup?

If not, please do be kind enough to try and remember the events just prior to this situation. Any hint would be extremely appreciated.

With kind regards,

Michel

Not that I recall... but I'm not going to swear to anything.

I realized later where the 100 links might have gone: I changed two rather large scenes and consolidated them into one; which I suspect lowered the link count quite a bit. I'll keep my eyes open for any other scene issues; that one really surprised me.

Steve's coming by tomorrow to see that weird KPL in action; he has an idea what's going on (as Michel knows). Just thought I'd let others know.

ON TO 2.6.14!

Hello gregoryx,

Thanks so very much for the update and do be kind enough to keep us posted.

With kind regards,

Michel

gregoryx,

With kind regards,

Michel

Not that I recall... but I'm not going to swear to anything.

I realized later where the 100 links might have gone: I changed two rather large scenes and consolidated them into one; which I suspect lowered the link count quite a bit. I'll keep my eyes open for any other scene issues; that one really surprised me.

Steve's coming by tomorrow to see that weird KPL in action; he has an idea what's going on (as Michel knows). Just thought I'd let others know.

ON TO 2.6.14!

Archived