Leak Sensor info in the log?

Broyd

Hi there.

I received 4 links sensors having this info:

Leak Sensors (2852-222) Sticker says: 1015 REV 2.3: Admin Console says (2852-222) v.43.

These sensors send out a total of 12 WET signals over a span of about an hour when the sensor gets wet. I dry it instantly but as previously noted, the WET signals continue. I count them when using a program that adds 1 to a counter with this statement 

• IF Control '37.82.3E-Wet' is switched On

My question is: In the log, I only see the first occurrence of the sensor getting wet. None of the other 'switched on' signals are recorded, even though they show up in the event viewer. Is this normal behavior for the log?

The ISY Log shows change of device Status where Event Viewer shows message traffic.  Each has its own purpose. 

Leak Sensor 2-Dry / Leak Sensor 2-Wet Status 100% Mon 2016/02/08 03:01:45 PM System Log - Wet On
Leak Sensor 2-Dry Status 0% Mon 2016/02/08 03:01:45 PM System Log
2491T - Main Humidity 71% Mon 2016/02/08 03:01:47 PM System Log
Leak Sensor 2-Dry Status 100% Mon 2016/02/08 03:02:26 PM System Log
Leak Sensor 2-Dry / Leak Sensor 2-Wet Status 0% Mon 2016/02/08 03:02:26 PM System Log - Wet Off
2491T - Main Humidity 70% Mon 2016/02/08 03:02:58 PM System Log

These sensors send out a total of 12 WET signals over a span of about an hour when the sensor gets wet. I dry it instantly but as previously noted, the WET signals continue. I count them when using a program that adds 1 to a counter with this statement 

Is it possible that the sensors are getting tripped multiple times because the location they're sitting in is bridging the contacts. Are they sitting on a dry, non-conductive surface? 

Hi Techman,

These are new leak sensors that I got from Costco - a 4 pack. I triggered the sensors by tapping the contacts on my toungue and immediately dried them off with a paper towel ... And then I waited to see what happened, looking in the event viewer and then the log. Once triggered, these sensors send out 12 signals.

The sensor sends out 9 WET (switched ON) signals, each of which is spaced at approximately 16.5 seconds apart over a period of 2 minutes and 11 seconds. Then it sends out a single signal at 9 minutes following the last signal; then another at 21 minutes 30 seconds; then another at 21 minutes and 39 seconds. I have waited an additional day and I get a total of 12 signals. As already posted, you must press the set button on the sensor to clear the wet condition.

LeeG answered my question.

Archived