ISY + Zigbee + Zwave

getstuk87

I need to connect to my home's power "Control Panel" / Breaker box that operates on Zigbee to check energy usage information. But I also want to interface with Zwave and Insteon products. Is this possible with only one expansion slot on the ISY994i? I also bought a Homeseer USB stick for Z-wave, so perhaps I can just use that for Z-wave products? I really want to use ISY to control everything as I've heard it's extremely reliable, any recommendations? I want ISY to be the backbone of all control. I'll be buying today if I get the answers I need, thanks!

Do you know anyway to add Zigbee functionality, possibly with a third party device? I just need to connect to my Energy Meter attached to my house (it uses Zigbee). This is the final missing piece of the puzzle...

I think there are plans for integrating two ISY's in upcoming firmware.  This would allow one Z-Wave and the other Zigbee but I don't know what's become of it.

Jon...

There's no need to integrate the ISYs to gain both Z-Wave and ZigBee compatibility. I'm currently running two ISY independently. But a separate ZigBee controller for a single purpose would probably be less costly.

This may be a dumb question but does purchasing a third party ZigBee controller allow the ISY software to interface with it? If not, how can I get it integrated into the ISY software? Is that even possible?

The integration would be cloud based and likely IFTTT depending on controller.  It would not be as tight as ISY to ISY

Jon...

I'd get two ISYs, one Zigbee the other Zwave.

Soon-ish - 5.x will be able to have the two of them be node servers to each other - and you'll see the power details on the zwave ISY.

Until 5.x can do this, you could add the networking module to the zigbee unit and write a simple set of network resources and programs to post the power values to the zwave ISYnfor use in programs.

Archived