Insteon 2443-222

I’m sorry if that was covered somewhere on the forum, but here is my problem with 2443-222. My electrician installed three 2443-222 modules on three separate light \ switches. Since we have one switch controlling one set of lights he installed it in “Latching” mode.

1)    I was able to add them to ISY with no problems.

2)    I’m able to control lights from ISY directly with no problem Turn it on and off)

Here are few scenarios that I was wondering if my modules are operation in correct manner:

1)    I turn on the light using a switch on the wall, then I leave the area and I switch off the light using ISY, light remains off for few minutes then its turns on.

2)    I turn on the light using the ISY with the switch remaining in off position light turns on, lights stays on and then after few minutes light turns off and turns on. And the process repeats.

Under options in ISY I have it configured as “Momentary: (Off) Latching” I’m 100% certain the wiring is done correctly. Is that the behavior from Micro On/Off that is normal?

Thank you in advance...

If I read your connections correctly.

The Leviton is controlling one of the Sense Inputs on the 2443-222 On/Off Micro Modules.

That switch has a illumination feature where it glows when it is in the off position.

There is a very good chance the small current to keep it glowing is false triggering the sense inputs of your modules.

The connection diagram for the switch. Looks like it has a neon bulb and current limiting resistor in it.

On the information page you linked to. Leviton says some loads like CFL or LED  loads may pulse when the switch is off.

So it is possible the switch is triggering unwanted events to happen.

Trying a different switch with no illumination would be one way to test.

After seeing the specs on the switch I think Brian is correct. I have mine wired to a plain toggle switch. The part a but the lights flicker when off is the give away.

Replacing illuminated switches with regular ones seems to fix the problem with the lights turning back on. Thank you!

What are correct settings under “options” in ISY for Latching switch?

I am glad the standard switches fixed the issue.

I have seen similar problems reported with 120 volt motion sensors with a solid state output. Relay types did not have the issues.

I don't have any of the modules in question. So I don't know what the options should be set to.

Replacing illuminated switches with regular ones seems to fix the problem with the lights turning back on. Thank you!

What are correct settings under “options” in ISY for Latching switch?

I don't have the module either but my understanding is the option is determined by the type of switch you've installed and the way I read the instructions you should use latching?

Identify Switch Type

Before you install Micro module behind a switch, you must determine which switch operation mode applies to your switch, latching, single momentary or dual momentary as each is wired differently:

• Latching (default mode):

Switch has no central position. It can be tapped on both the top and bottom and

remains in that state once released.

• Single momentary:

Switch can only be tapped in one location. It returns to central position once released.

• Dual momentary:

Switch can be tapped on both the top and bottom. It returns to central position once

released

Jon...

Archived