Need Help: Scenes and Motion Sensors

DaleNYC

Hi guys  

I hope this is an ok thing to post here.

Here are the two things I am trying to accomplish. 

My device is: ISY994

Setup:

Scene: I have a scene called Night Time.  It turns off the lights in the house but dims the bathroom night light.  

Motion Sensors: I have three motion sensors in the bathroom. One in the main area, one in the toilet and one in the shower.  Each turns on / off the light in their respective areas.  

Issues: 

Scenario One: When I call the Night Time scene I want to disable the Motion Sensor in the bathroom.  The goal is to not have the bathroom light come on when the sensor is tripped.  Only the night light should stay on with the Night Time scene.  The issue is when walking through the bathroom late at night the light comes on full blast and it's blinding.  Just want the night light provided by the scene.

Scenario Two: I want to the bathroom lights to stay one when someone is in the shower or the toilet.  The shower and the toilet have their own lights and motion sensors.  Current the motion sensor turns off the bathroom lights leaving the person in the shower / toilet with light in that area but then stepping into a dark bathroom until the sensor turns the lights back on.  I just want the bathroom lights to stay on when someone is in the shower or the toilet.  

Any ideas how to solve?

Dale 

Hi Dale,

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, this is the correct place to post general questions.

For both scenario's you should remove the motion sensor from the scene and control via programs.

There's no way to control when the motion sensor will be active in the scene nor is there a way to control which responders it'll control.

A device can only be placed as a controller in one scene.

Jon...

Tip 1: Although a device can be a controller of only one scene, it can be a trigger of nearly unlimited programs.

Tip 2: Set the MS to send ON only. Use a program to turn the scene off.

There will be a delay if you program ON. If the MS is  a scene controller (no delay), then you can adjust the On-level of the responder(s) based on the time of day/night using programs triggered by the scene controller (i.e, MS).

Hi guys  

I hope this is an ok thing to post here.

Here are the two things I am trying to accomplish. 

Any ideas how to solve?

Dale 

Welcome!

You can do this by direct coomunications between MS units and lamp devices. It is fast and you can control the brightness by predetermining it  before the MS sees motion.

It can get complicated for newbies but the forum is here and many can help you if you feel adventurous.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/16056-motion-sensor-speed/?hl=%2Bdirect+%2Bscene&do=findComment&comment=138658

Archived