False Notification Alerts

smokegrub

At my home away from home I have Hidden Door Sensors on both entry doors, one on an outbuilding and an Open/Close Sensor on the door of another outbuilding. Recently, I hot a notification from one of the doors had been opened. I used cameras inside the home followed by a site visit to verify that no one had entered. This morning I got two such notices from that same sensor--both were false. A check of the Summary tab showed that the notification program had not run! Weird! Any ideas?

At my home away from home I have Hidden Door Sensors on both entry doors, one on an outbuilding and an Open/Close Sensor on the door of another outbuilding. Recently, I hot a notification from one of the doors had been opened. I used cameras inside the home followed by a site visit to verify that no one had entered. This morning I got two such notices from that same sensor--both were false. A check of the Summary tab showed that the notification program had not run! Weird! Any ideas?

I would start with the program that is monitoring this and what conditions are required to be met.

A check of the Summary tab showed that the notification program had not run! Weird! Any ideas?

Well that is pretty weird.    Are you sure you didn't accidentally add that notification to another program also?

Include ${alert.program.name} in the custom notification to have the alert include the name of the program that sent it.

I put this after the end of all of my custom notifications:

--
${alert.compactbody}

Do a search in your programs for occurrences of the notification raw text. We know it came from ISY to get text with that exact wording.

Perhaps your logs may show something. I am not familiar with the logs capabilities but there should be something recorded. You may find some old lost program you experimented with when you set up the notifications?

Some other program may have been switched to the notification in question, through a miscued deletion of some kind , but the search should find that one.

Following up on the above. I must note, however, that I have changed nothing in this setup since last fall. In the interim, notifications sent have been accurate and timely until a couple of weeks ago.

Please append the program(s) for this email alert program for peer review.

Archived