2334-222 8 Button Keypadlinc only showing 3 devices/buttons

I just added a new 8 button keypadlinc model 2334-222 and only 3 devices were added to the console instead of the normal 8.   All I see is keypad, keypad-B, keypad-C.

Is there a fix for this?

ISY Version 4.3.26

KeypadLinc - 2334-222 Rev 7.4.

Discovered as (2334-2) Keypadlinc Dimmer 8 Buttons v.43

I just added a new 8 button keypadlinc model 2334-222 and only 3 devices were added to the console instead of the normal 8.   All I see is keypad, keypad-B, keypad-C.

Is there a fix for this?

ISY Version 4.3.26

KeypadLinc - 2334-222 Rev 7.4.

Discovered as (2334-2) Keypadlinc Dimmer 8 Buttons v.43

Is you UI the same version as your ISY firmware?

If so then I would suggest delete the KPL, do a factory reset on the device and then re-link it to the ISY.

The ISY was also in a bad state until I removed the device, would not allow me to add scenes or make any changes.

So I tried a factory reset, and the device didn't really respond properly, long error beep. After that tried to re-add and the ISY only discovered one device.  As a side note I had a second keypad I ordered with this one, different model.  It would not respond to scenes.  Factory reset seemed to fix that one. 

Thanks for your help, this 2334-222 is going back to SH and I will make it standard practice to factory reset all "new" devices I order first thing from now on.

The ISY was also in a bad state until I removed the device, would not allow me to add scenes or make any changes.

So I tried a factory reset, and the device didn't really respond properly, long error beep. After that tried to re-add and the ISY only discovered one device.  As a side note I had a second keypad I ordered with this one, different model.  It would not respond to scenes.  Factory reset seemed to fix that one. 

Thanks for your help, this 2334-222 is going back to SH and I will make it standard practice to factory reset all "new" devices I order first thing from now on.

Make sure that the ISY firmware and the User interface are the same version.

Try removing power from both the PLM and the ISY,  then power up the PLM, wait about 15 seconds then restore power to the ISY.

It's also possible that some of your other electronics are interfering with the Insteon power line signal.

So I tried a factory reset, and the device didn't really respond properly, long error beep.

The device is supposed to give a long beep. The factory reset is not complete unless you hold the set button until the beep stops.

Whelp.  Installed the new keypad, same problem.  Did the factory reset (correctly this time) same problem.   Long story short mwester gets the prize, I was over my device limit and had to upgrade to Pro.

Not sure why exactly, even adding up everything I can think of I wasn't over the limit and I could find nowhere in the gui or command line to tell me my official device count or errors in the log to tell me I was over but deleting a device allowed me to get 3 buttons on that keypad and upgrading to Pro allowed me add everything.

I have the following device counts:

Devices: 64

Keypad/Remote Buttons: 71

Scenes: 37

Folders:31

Zwave Devices:11

Even assuming all of that counts as a "device" the total is 214.  But whatever, Pro upgrade is $30 and it fixed it.  God help me if I ever have 4x the number of Insteon devices I have now.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

Archived