What are you watching, reading, listening to now?

Teken

Not sure what people are consuming these days for personal enjoyment but thought it would be a good thread to share with one another some of the best shows, movies, music, forums.

Please take a few moments to explain what the reason(s) were for watching, reading, listening, viewing, said medium. As I always enjoy reading why someone chose something over others.

Let me start by saying there are several TV, Movies, I've watched because they either inspired me or just let me be a big kid again!

Ha . . .

I am sure many of us have different tastes and complex needs which are based on years of media consumption. So here are some of my top shows and movies I have consumed and continue to do so this very day.

Man, Woman, Wild: This show from a lay persons perspective has been able to share and teach many basic to advanced survival skills needed to stay alive. I enjoy the couples relationship and banter and the husband is one of those guys that you just really like. His no none sense, zero bull sh^t, and incredible skill set is second to none.

If you watch just one episode you will quickly realize you will learn something that might save your life one day. 

Naked & Afraid: I've watched this show more about *What not to do* and the humor in which the so called expert rank the persons *PSR* Personal Survival Rating. I don't know who these experts are but its say to say they can't be experts because the ratings don't reflect reality. 

What has been really interesting for me is *guessing* who of the contestants would tap out before the 21 day journey ends. Its very surprising that many of the skilled men with formal military training or other survival skills are usually the first to tap out or come out with a lower PSR.

Its also very interesting to see how many trained people have no common sense in terms of survival and its like their brain was turned off once they came on the show?!?!

The Walking Dead: What can be said that hasn't been said before? If you want to see people running around fighting the walking dead. This show will offer you extreme anger, joy, humor, and sadness all in one. I find it very interesting that many of the social problems that people don't consider are actually touched upon in this show.

The sad reality is in this epic show many of the things people believe would not happen, would. After being in many war torn countries I can safely say people have no clue what a human will do. When presented with no water, food, shelter, or personal safety.

We as a human species are only three meals away from acting out like what is portrayed in the Walking Dead.

Colony: This is a new show about aliens taking over the world. The first season essentially lays the ground work about how humans have been made to serve the aliens which you never see. Later you find out the human race has started to fight back in a gorilla style war far.

Again, this show is about how humans react, treat, and adapt to their new surroundings. Sadly, this is very much like the walking dead where all the flaws of humanity are ever present. This makes you take pause and consider doing all you can as a person to help others.

The Knick: This excellent show is portrayed in the early 19th century. Its about a hospital, surgeons, and the people of NYC who start to enjoy electricity, telephone, and new technologies in human health and advancements in medicine. This show again illustrates the many failures of humans as a race, acceptance, and the separation of the rich vs poor. It inspires people to realize how far we have all come in the ethnic race or not.

Better Call Saul: This is a spin off of the lawyer who played in Breaking Bad which most of you know was one of the most epic shows ever created. This show depicts the back story of the many elements seen in the breaking bad series. It gives a great insight as to why some of the characters are the way they are.

Saul is an excellent actor and I am really pleased this long time actor has finally gotten a chance to show the world what a great actor he is. Its funny as hell and again there are many facets in the story line that just make you think about relationships and people in general.

Yukon Men: This outstanding show is about a small remote Alaskan community. You basically see how these people live and what harsh living conditions they must endure to survive and to endure in this extreme climate.

Alaska The Last Frontier: This is another Alaskan show about one large extended family. The show pretty much just follows them around in daily tasks they must do to survive. The clinch pin is how down to earth these people are never mind how incredibly hard working they are.

The characters in this show are just fantastic and many of you will quickly gravitate to a few key people in the show like I have. Guys like Otz, Otz Lee, and various others are the perfect example of using your freaking head, lots of common sense, and working hard each day.

The Good Wife:

The Americans:

The Last Ship:

The Expanse:

Blind Spot:

Blood & Oil:

Game of Thrones:

Humans:

Gang Related:

Homeland:

Hell On Wheels:

Legends:

Power:

Southland:

Vikings:

Terminator - The Sarah Conner Chronicles 

The Last Kingdom:

Marco Polo:

The Black List:

House of Cards:

Orange is Black:

​Spartacus:

Ray Donovan:

Battle Star Galactica:

Alaskan Bush People:

Mini Series:

Child Hood Ends: Don't know what to say but you need to watch this 3 part series. Very humbling about people, the world, and how precious life is.

Much more to come . . .

Add your list of top media so I can learn something new or enjoy what you're consuming!

I been watching Billions. Good show and being a financial investor guy find it interesting.

Of course The Walking Dead.

I like Gotham and House of Cards.

What station is funding Billions so I can look it up. If you like Gotham which I viewed also you will like Southland as the main character is the same.

Very epic show, too bad it got killed off . . .

What station is funding Billions so I can look it up. If you like Gotham which I viewed also you will like Southland as the main character is the same.

Very epic show, too bad it got killed off . . .

I loved Southland but very sad the series has ended.

Billions is on showtime with the bad guy from Homeland and Paul Giamatti

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billions_(TV_series)

The actor Ben McKenzie who was on Southland is great on Gotham with Dom Logue. I also find Morena Barccon highly attractive but she is now pregnant with Ben McKenzies baby.

Michael Cudlitz from Southland is great on The Walking Dead.

Also watching 11.22.63 from Hulu.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2879552/

Just finished the latest season of House of Cards.

I dont read much as my face is glued to a monitor all day day trading, etc.

Have a ton of summer stuff I have on tap,

The Borgis

Dollhouse

Rome

Dexter

Banshee

Fargo

Better Call Saul

Breaking Bad

Just to name a few.

Oh Yeah, never saw this guy before Southland but Michael Cudlitz an excellent actor. I didn't care for Ben McKenzie back in the day but his acting skills are fantastic. Morena Barccon is definitely hot as hell and looks fantastic in the Sci-Fi *The V* which also got killed off.

Oh Yeah, never saw this guy before Southland but Michael Cudlitz an excellent actor. I didn't care for Ben McKenzie back in the day but his acting skills are fantastic. Morena Barccon is definitely hot as hell and looks fantastic in the Sci-Fi *The V* which also got killed off.

Dont get me started with her on "V" or the younger blonde that was her daughter played by Laura Vandervoot. But as always we are taking this thread off topic discussing the hot "actresses" lol

Dont get me started with her on "V" or the younger blonde that was her daughter played by Laura Vandervoot. But as always we are taking this thread off topic discussing the hot "actresses" lol

Yeah can't you stay on topic for once?!?!

LOL . . .

*Look Squarrel*  She is so hot . . .

I'm currently listening to a local alternative music radio station which I do nearly all the time. I haven't watched a TV program in more than 40 years, probably closer to 50. I do read some and on occasion will watch a movie late at night.

Edit: the book I'm reading (not at this moment) is The Sevens Pillars of Statistical Wisdom by Stephen M. Stigler.

Not sure what people are consuming these days for personal enjoyment but thought it would be a good thread to share with one another some of the best shows, movies, music, forums.

Podcasts?

This must be a generational difference but we (my wife and I) consume most of our media in podcast form.

Podcasts:

Local Radio Morning show 107.5 podcast

A few popular tech podcasts

Freakonomics podcast

Local CPR (NPR), Colorado Public Radio Podcasts

Real Time Podcast

A few other short and sweet podcasts

YouTube:

Last week tonight YouTube channel

College Humor YouTube channel

Netflix & Amazon:

Archer

Walking Dead

Silicon Valley

House of cards

Also been caught watching Futurama with the kids, soooo much adult humor.

Podcasts?

This must be a generational difference but we (my wife and I) consume most of our media in podcast form.

Podcasts:

Local Radio Morning show 107.5 podcast

A few popular tech podcasts

Freakonomics podcast

Local CPR (NPR), Colorado Public Radio Podcasts

Real Time Podcast

A few other short and sweet podcasts

YouTube:

Last week tonight YouTube channel

College Humor YouTube channel

Netflix & Amazon:

Archer

Walking Dead

Silicon Valley

House of cards

Also been caught watching Futurama with the kids, soooo much adult humor.

Podcasts are good. I like,

TWiT - The New Screensavers

Also loved HD Nation with Patrick Norton and Robert Herron but Revision3 cancelled it and they moved onto AVexcel.

I lobed Revision3 but once Kevin Rose left and it got commercialized the shows went downhill.

Also have CNBC playing during the trading day or MLB.TV now that baseball season started.

Last night I had the chance to watch *Billions* and have to say just wow. The lead red head guy (Damian Lewis) has been one of my favorite actors since he first came on the scene.

From the TV show *Life* with his smoking hot partner in crime to *Home Land* . . . Totally forgot I saw him in *Dream Catcher* which back in the day was an excellent Sci-Fi movie.

I also have to add that seeing the last episode of The Walking Dead was a complete let down. Almost every episode is breath taking, nail biting, to screaming at the TV.

But this last episode was so lack luster, poorly scripted, and had so many fails I wanted to rip my eyes out.

AMC - You get a complete *F* for that last airing . . . 

I also have to add that seeing the last episode of The Walking Dead was a complete let down. Almost every episode is breath taking, nail biting, to screaming at the TV.

But this last episode was so lack luster, poorly scripted, and had so many fails I wanted to rip my eyes out.

AMC - You get a complete *F* for that last airing . . .

I like TWD but your right this last episode was boring. Plus if the SHTF you put a swivel on your head so you watch 360 degrees at all times and STFU! How many times are they going to have people sneak up on them and capture them while they are BSing between themselves?! Guess it makes for good TV but seriously?! Come on!

I have to say again thanks to Scott for introducing me to the TV show Billions. I just finished watching an episode where the entire story line had me screaming, yelling, and laughing my aszz off!

I don't know who the writers are but these people need to be paid ten times more!

Its rare to see a show that is smart, funny, insightful, and doesn't insult a persons intelligence at every turn. I know the whole concept of doing *24 hours before* or this was a *Dream* etc.

But in one episode the way the writers did this kind of *what happen* earlier was simply amazing and to me at least a new concept in the idea of showing what happen in the past.

The acting, writing, and tempo of the show is truly awe inspiring which I hope continues like the Simpsons for 25 plus years! Some of the concepts the writers have come up with have at times made me think WTF?!??!

Because its like the TV sow Breaking Bad . . .

Where you don't believe someone could have come up with such brilliant ideas and have them portrayed in TV. When I see a show that touches upon human elements and how we deal with happenstance it always makes me reflect.

If I was to rate this show from 1-5, one being the lowest to 5 being the best. This show is a 5 with out a doubt and people need to take a few moments to enjoy this outstanding show. 

Currently watching a free online event "The Chronic Lyme Disease Summit."

Last day of this free event and all interviews are unlocked for final one day showing.

Recommended...

David Minkoff, MD

Joseph Mercola, DO

Shayne Morris, PhD, MBA, CNS

Offers insight into the "revolution in medicine and healthcare."  An issue that plagues our country.

Jon...

I had the opportunity to watch a short portion of the last Star Wars and have to say pathetic. J.J Abrams did a fantastic job in rebooting the Star Trek series even though the second one was so so.

His direction along with the writers who crafted this complete turd of a movie should be ashamed of themselves. To be honest none of these Star Wars movies have ever been very good which catered to the kids and less demanding movie fans.

When I reach back into the time machine I think about some of the utter crap the studios released when compared to some of the reboots.

I am sure people can name off many reboots that were just as bad if not worse. But when I think back about Batman and all the crap that came out never mind the terrible acting. When Nolan rebooted the batman franchise it truly became a mature and serious movie for the fans.

Gone were the days of catering to the silly fools looking for stupid funny. This was the same with Superman, when the first two reboots were done. I liked them both way better than the Christopher Reeves era of Superman more likely because it didn't cater to less demanding audiences that simply didn't want to be insulted at each turn.

I was truly hoping to see great things with the removal of George Lucus form the franchise. 

Nope . . .

What we have is another epic turd with terrible acting, story line, and no reason to be on the big screen. I don't know what kind of money was spent to produce this miserable piece of crap. But again nobody was serious about rebooting this movie to be serious on any level.

I already knew when I heard it was being rebooted the whole *Stupid Funny* would be everywhere. But in my heart I thought hey give them a chance and don't be a negative Nancy!

Nope . . .

My instincts were dead on - it was just another turd the studios wanted to churn out for the sake of doing so. When I think about some of the best movies that came out over the years and how other studios decided to copy the exact same idea using 3rd rate actors or even worse.

Give the worst scripts to awesome actors that just makes it even worse!

Can anyone ever forget Armageddon??

During that period and even today it holds is own for a epic movie even if some of the elements were over the top. It was done in a way that was just fun and made sense.

When you compare it to its direct competitor which I don't even recall *Thank God*! The disparity between the two movies was like watching a junior league foot ball team trying to play a NFL team.

Does anyone truly believe the kids were ever going to beat or give the NFL team a real fight?!?!

At the end of the day I am sure there are lots of Star War fans that liked the movie if only because they like this type of silly aszz scripts, acting, and direction. When I look back at all of the forums just from a casual search I am shocked to see how many people liked that idiotic charactor Jar Jar Binx!

It just tells me there are tons of people who have absolutely no threshold of good vs bad. To them its all good and that's OK because that's why the industry churns out every year the same turds to cater to the weak.

I have this bad taste in my mouth and it won't go away after watching this movie . . .

LOL . . . 

I have to say again thanks to Scott for introducing me to the TV show Billions. I just finished watching an episode where the entire story line had me screaming, yelling, and laughing my aszz off!

I don't know who the writers are but these people need to be paid ten times more!

Its rare to see a show that is smart, funny, insightful, and doesn't insult a persons intelligence at every turn. I know the whole concept of doing *24 hours before* or this was a *Dream* etc.

But in one episode the way the writers did this kind of *what happen* earlier was simply amazing and to me at least a new concept in the idea of showing what happen in the past.

The acting, writing, and tempo of the show is truly awe inspiring which I hope continues like the Simpsons for 25 plus years! Some of the concepts the writers have come up with have at times made me think WTF?!??!

Because its like the TV sow Breaking Bad . . .

Where you don't believe someone could have come up with such brilliant ideas and have them portrayed in TV. When I see a show that touches upon human elements and how we deal with happenstance it always makes me reflect.

If I was to rate this show from 1-5, one being the lowest to 5 being the best. This show is a 5 with out a doubt and people need to take a few moments to enjoy this outstanding show.

What did you think of the season finale? I was just able to watch it tonight and all I can say is "Wow"! It was as good or even better than the pilot!

It had lots of tense moments and periods were I could see what was going to happen next. But, then again the writers also through in some real WTF moments in the show.

I like being surprised in a good way not like how the walking dead ended.

That type of WTF just upsets me because the writers are purposely just insulting the audience with their crap. There is no way Ricks band of assassins who have made five solid years of staying alive - killing off every threat that came their way got ambushed at every freaking turn!

I seriously can't handle that kind of stupid in the show which is only second to them always leaving a random walker alive?!?!

Why ???

Everyone knows at some point that walker they didn't kill would be the same thing they would run into later on! That's probably the worst part of the show because any fool would ensure all the threats were taken care of when it appeared.

Archived