KPL status not working correctly

binaryman

So I have a scene with a program... If someone pushes my KPL button (buttons 5\6) during the day, a program will automatically turn the scene back off (prevent accidentally turning on during the day).  All works fine.. however..

Even though the program does correctly trigger the scene back off.. and the ISY shows the scene and both buttons (responders) as being off..  the lights on the buttons on the kpl show it as on..  If I manually re-issue a scene off command the buttons will go off.. and I've tried putting in a 3 second wait and re-issue scene off but that doesn't work either..

frustrating when the buttons stay on but the ISY shows it as off (even a query still shows it as off).

Any ideas?

Secondary button LEDs cannot be directly controlled. They're best controlled using a scene and adding a statement to the program to control the scene. Here's a program I use:

Dine Out Front Door
If
        Control 'LR / Devices / LR Ceiling Light KPL 20 / LR Light KPLD Dine Out' is switched On

Then
        Set Scene 'EX / Scenes / EX Walkway' On
        Run Program 'Dine Out HVAC' (If)
        Wait  3 minutes
        Set Scene 'EX / Scenes / EX Walkway' Off
        Set Scene 'Dine Out Buttons' Off
        Set Scene 'DR / Scenes / DR Bright' On
        Wait  2 minutes

Set Scene 'DR / Scenes / DR Bright' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The Dine Out Buttons scene contain only the two Dine Out buttons (Front Door, Side Door).

I'm not meaning the secondary leds, I don't think...  I'm not trying to control the buttons directly via program.. I'm having the program control the scene.

I mean shouldn't the scene turn both buttons off if they're both in the scene as responders??  If I send an off manually to the scene the buttons turn off.. so why don't they turn off when the ISY sends an off to the scene via program?

Both responders:

Drapes closed at night - [iD 00B8][Parent 0043]

If
        From    Sunset  + 10 minutes
        To      Sunrise (next day)
    And Status  'Indoors / Shades' is On

Then
        Set Scene 'Drapes Control' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

What are the "both" of "both responders," KPL buttons? Which buttons? What is the device labelled 'Indoors/Shades'? What are the members of the scene 'Drapes Control'? Which members are controllers and which are responders?

This should work. I have keypad keys on several keypads that control an attic fan and dampers. The keys always reflect the on/off state whether a key or the ISY turns it on/off. The scene controls the buttons and devices.

Can you post and image of your scene configuration from the admin console?

A 6-button KeypadLinc has two primary buttons, On and Off. The 8-button KeypadLinc has one primary button, the Main On/Off button. All other buttons are secondary buttons.

It's a very simple scene...

I can't figure out how to get a picture on here to save my life, but 2 two buttons are both controllers, with the io line a responder..

I can't figure out why it wouldn't work.. almost seems like the kpl is messed up

Archived