using portal to remotely access Admin Console (doesn't work for me)

someguy

when I log into portal, my ISY has a green circle next to it showing that it works.  If I try to use the portal for "ISY Web access" under "Select Tool...", it WORK JUST FINE.

But, I want to use Admin Console.  I prefer it.  

To try to access it, I go to "Select tool..." and then "ISY Information" and I see the "URL to ISY :" which says https://my.isy.io/isy/(bigcode here)".  

When I cut and past this whole URL into a chrome or internet explorer browser, then it asks me for my login.  I use my PORTAL credentials and then it says:  "Requested ISY not online".

If I use the one that says the same url but with a "/desc" at the end of it, I get a document tree page that has this at the top of it:  "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

Any suggestions as to how to get to my ADMIN CONSOLE remotely?

Any suggestions as to how to get to my ADMIN CONSOLE remotely?

Hi someguy

This one is tricky and this happened to me too.  Here are the steps. 

• Select and copy the long admin console access link (/desc) from the portal  
  • Startup the Admin Console on your remote system
  • When the ISY Finder comes up, click "Add" and a box will pop up
  • Paste in the long admin console link with /desc on the end into the box. Click save
  • Double click on the link you just created in the finder
  • As you already figured out, enter your portal credentials in the Admin Console "Authenticate ISY" login box

It typically takes longer than usual for the admin console to fully start up. Sometimes a minute or 2 for me depending what remote network I'm on and also the upload speed you have with your ISP

Paul 

Paul:

I guess I am already stuck because I don't know how to (#2) "Startup the Admin Console on your remote system".  How do I do that?  I only startup an admin console while on my home network by clicking on the web link.

Paul:

I guess I am already stuck because I don't know how to (#2) "Startup the Admin Console on your remote system".  How do I do that?  I only startup an admin console while on my home network by clicking on the web link.

For the Firmware version (Help > About in admin console) go to the release thread and download the Java Application (.jnlp) file.  This will create a desktop icon you can use to access ISY.

On the remote computer do the same, copy the URL from the Portal in Select Tool > Information > ISY Information > Admin Console URL and paste that into ISY Finder during startup.

You can test this locally by pasting the URL into the Finder (ALT TAB) and select the Portal URL on restart of Admin Console.

Jon...

Someguy

To get the admin java application on a system remotely, find the release you are using on the forums

Select the release you are using and look at the first post from Michel for the release. Follow the directions under 4. a for either downloading or remotely loading the admin console. 

The launch the downloaded jnlp. Follow the directions from my first post from there

Paul

Archived